Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Hump


It was another mild morning out there today.  We’ve had a nice warm spell but it's not supposed to last.  Cold coming back this weekend.  I see all the usual suspects waiting for their morning – or only – meal for the day.  I am keeping my eyes out and ears open for kittens.  That season is almost upon us.  I was overwhelmed by the number of kittens I took into the rescue last year.  Purely overwhelmed.  I couldn’t even get the sexes right on most of them.  Do you know how embarrassing it is to adopt two kittens out that you believe are boys, and the adopter tells you they are girls, and then when spay/neuter comes, the vet tells you ones a boy and ones a girl.  Crazy.  I was so disorganized last year.  I don’t want that again.  In fact, I am trying really hard to whittle down my stops.  It's too much for me sometimes.  I have other things in my life I want to do.  I can’t do this forever. 

There are, however, a number of adult cats I want to rescue.  One is the crier on Seventh Street and Central Park.  She is there every morning.  She runs to greet you.  I believe she may already be fixed because I’ve never seen her pregnant in all the while I’ve been feeding her.  Another is a very fluffy red cat on Melville.  Allowing me to get very close to him.  He has knots in his fur like you wouldn’t believe.  He is a former TNR, but would make someone a loving sweet cat.


Good news:  Jonny was adopted this weekend, along with Minnie!  Jonny has two great dads, and Minnie has a wonderful, sweet family to live her days out with. 



That's all I got.

Have a great day!

"Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows."



1 comment:

  1. I love Johnny ! Hes got such a best buds face ! Every time I see his picture I want to fist bump his paw and say "Hey Johnny ! Hows it goin bud !"
    LOL

    ReplyDelete