Monday, February 3, 2020

Happy Monday!

Crazy weekend.

Go Chiefs!  I used to be a Los Angeles Raiders Fan.  Don't ask me how.  The KC Chiefs were their rivals.  Today, I could care less.  But I hear it was a good Superbowl.

BOOMER
I had the pleasure of Boomer's company all weekend.  He is my latest rescue from Bay Street.  He has got to be the best little kitty ever.  Except his hisses at my cats, he is perfect in every way.  I had to let him out of his confined space and mingle with the others.  His adoptive mom works a lot, so he wasn't able to get to his new home this weekend.  HE is going to a home with a roommate that has a cat herself, so hopefully, the two will bond at some point.

Updates on Rory and Lily.  They are little Houdinis.  Their new dad, who will hopefully love them someday, if he can ever hold them, is astounded at how smart they are.  They found a crawlspace in the basement room they were going to be acclimating in the first two days or so upon their arrival, and they haven't been seen until now, where a webcam has been set up.  It's a crazy story, but the plan is to have one of their dad's workers at his beautiful home sit and surprise kitties when they come out to eat.  Then have this space closed off, and move the kitties to a smaller room where they can become more acquainted with their new family.  Last resort, Foster Mom Sue and I go there on the weekend and try to entice them to come out.

TACO Then

TACO Now

I paid a visit to my neighbors for libations this weekend and visited their little zoo.  Remember Taco?  Well, here he is, then and now.  And their little Weiner Schnitzel Chase, and their bird Margie.  So adorable. all of them.

MARGIE


CHASE


It was quiet on the streets each morning, which is good.   A baby kitten was spotted on Bay Street at Syd and Johnny's Saturday morning.  I have set a trap each morning since.  Sunday morning, I trapped an adult calico, probably the mother, in this tiny kitten trap.  She is uneartipped.  I had to let her go.  I think she will go back in at some point, as I petted her through the trap before I let her go.  She didn't run too fast when released, so she might trust again to go in the trap and eat the food.  There are so many cats that need to be fixed out there.

That's it for now.  As Ellen says, be kind.

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment