Monday, November 22, 2021

Baby No. 2


Last Wednesday morning as I was at Garson feeding spot, I heard tiny ‘mews’ coming from the dilapidated garage that butts up to the shelters.  They were strong and fast.  I couldn’t get inside, although never realized until today that the other half of it is completely open to the elements with no walls or roof.  I got back into my vehicle and texted Jeff, the property owner, apologized that it was 5 am., but that there was a kitten in the garage and can he do what he can to get it.  I went on my way.  Later that day, Jeff called and said he had the most adorable kitten in his hands, and to come and get it.  


Fast forward, ‘Georgie’ is 4 weeks old and the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.  I asked Jeff to please take a look around to see if there are more.  He reported no.  Saturday morning, I heard tiny meows again.  5 am.  Text Jeff.  This time, today, its Monday, and still cannot get the kitten.  I drove over early this am. to bring Jeff a can of mackerel – even though kittens that young can’t smell like older cats can – and a kitten trap.  I then went to investigate myself after hearing meowing this morning.  A very faint, far off sound.  I figured out how to get into the garage, and boy, is it dangerous, so much debris.  But I finagled my way around listening to the sound, stopping, listening, and got close to where I was hearing the sound at the back of the garage, almost abutting the garage behind it, and it stopped.  I stood there for many minutes, calling, listening, silence.  My heart sank.  If anyone would like to go there today with me to see if we can find the kitten, please let me know.  That poor baby.

An excellent trapper in the city heard about the big red friendly tabby with the neck wound, after seeing the picture I posted two weeks ago, and offered – if I can get it – to take it to have it treated.  I’ve only seen it three times now in weeks.  I successfully treated it with Clavamox pill in its food the first time, but not the second. 

Finally, I work for a large non-profit (one year last month) and was advised that due to conflict, I cannot participate in the ROC The Day that runs for one day, tomorrow.  I have not had a fundraiser in many years and my funds are dwindling to feed, medically treat and rescue these homeless cats of Rochester.  I ask from the bottom of my heart to donate as much as you are comfortable with.  You can donate via the donate button on this blog, or on my website. πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“

Myself, and the poor babies on the streets thank you.

(tomorrow, updates and pics of the kittens we have that need adoption!)

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment