Tuesday, November 2, 2021

The Cat in the Hat (Box)

 


These days are dismal.  Its getting colder and there are so many cats out there that are worth rescuing – the cats come running to me, and follow me back to my car.  They are good cats, but I need fosters.  They will be adopted, for sure, there are wonderful people out there looking for an older cat to cuddle with.  I am down to one person to help out in the mornings carrying the food and water, maybe two if I am lucky and she can spare a morning, not including Sheryl who helps me on the weekends.  That, and I am getting a lot of requests from people to help out with cats in their yard, kittens born outside, etc.  And to top that off, it’s the veterinary offices that are referring these people to me.  There is even a kitten now at one of my shelters on Ferndale.  Its feral but still a baby.  And I am just ignoring the situation.  And I just cannot help.  I am overwhelmed doing this.  I can offer advice or traps, but I can’t help.  I am also down to zero fosters.  My one and only kitten foster needs a break - she has been doing it on and off for years. 

Not to mention, for now, I do have someone that has taken over four of my spots, but I am supplying the food still for that.  I am going every other day, as I have requested she do, but my cat food is costing me $80 on average for each morning I go out.  And I have to order this other girl’s food every two weeks and that is another $150.  This is a ton of money.  I have not had a fundraiser in years.  Everyone is busy these days to help.  Not to mention, the company I work for – is a conflict of interest so I can’t participate in the ROC the Day on November 30th of this year.  I was lucky enough to make on average $1,000 each year I participated in that.  That helped.  So, funds are dwindling and I don’t know how much more I can go on helping these animals.  It’s a sad world we live in.  Thank God for vodka and wine. 😊

I’ve always been cheerful and optimistic, at least I am the first four hours of my day, but then the calls come in, the requests are made --- HELP ME!  I try, that’s all I can do.

Please consider fostering.  You will be saving the life of an animal, literally.

Now for some happy stuff.  I guess its this stuff that keeps me going.  I love it when my adopters send me updates on the kittens they adopt.  I meant to share this last week, for Halloween.  Take a look at the cuteness here.  My former foster kittens, Dewey and Audi who were adopted together, enjoying life!





I have so many new pictures to share, next time.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Wish I had space to foster. Hopefully someone will see this and offer to help

    ReplyDelete