Thursday, November 11, 2021

More Kittens........................................................................

 

Lately, and actually for a long while now, I’ve been being referred to by veterinary offices and rescue groups as a group that might be able to help out people that call the offices of these places for help with a cat situation.  Now, I know what I’ve done over the years, and am quite proud of the number of cats and kittens I’ve rescued from the streets, not to mention have had spayed and neutered and returned to the streets, unfortunately, and that number totals over 1000 in the past 15 years I’ve been doing this.  I average 80-100 cats per year rescue.  And I could not have done it without fosters.  Man, let me see if I can remember them….  Unfortunately there haven’t been many…. There was Estelle, Sue, Jennifer, Kristin, her mom Sue, Sheryl…… If I've missed anyone please speak up!  Currently I have a woman named Ellen who also works with Hearthside Cats that has taken in some kittens Kristin found, along with a feral mother – and another wonderful person that reached out to me to find out what fostering entails, and after explanation, she said “I’m in!”  Tamera has taken four kittens that were found in the Garson Avenue area.  (this was another referral to me from Carols Ferals!).  I just named them today:  Elvis, Zsa Zsa, Eva and Marilyn.  There is a theme going there, get it?  I named the kittens that Ellen has today also:  Leo, Trouble and Midnight.  They were all black cats that I have owned over the years.  Hey, sometimes you have to reuse names!

Here are some new kittens in my rescue.  Thanks to Ellen and Tamera for fostering.








 

But back to my point above.  I can’t do it all.  I had a woman recently ask me for help placing 18 of her cats.  Good GOD!  Seriously?  I want to say this.  If you don’t have a plan for your cats if something happens to you, or suddenly you realize that you have too many cats – ? --  Then don’t get them in the first place!  And for the man who calls and says his mother-in-law passed and his wife is allergic and the M-I-L’s cats are in the basement and he has to get rid of them…  Those POOR cats!!!  I have NO sympathy for the allergic daughter of that woman that had a mother that loved her cats.  NONE.  Did you ever think to have a conversation with your elderly parent about who will take the cat if something happens before they actually adopt a cat?  We need to make plans people, and if you don’t have one, don’t get any more or get a cat in the first place.  I, or, others would be happy to bring a cat or kitten  over to visit for your enjoyment.  Otherwise, just hope you outlive your cats.  So, to wrap that up, please don’t give out my name to help…  most times I just can’t do anything but give out advise like, learn to live with the allergies, take medicine, take pictures of your cats and put them up on Facebook.  Instagram.  You never know who might be looking at that poor animal that is being discarded and want it.

 I think that’s about it.  I have just started treating a big tom Red Tabby on Parsells for a very nasty wound.  I brought some Doxycline tablets with me this am. and put it in a chunk of wet food, which he ate.  I figure if I do this for a bit, it might start to treat that infected gouge on his neck.  Pretty sad.  Nice boy, comes right up.  I first saw – or rather heard him – when he was face to face with another cat around there with the eerie sounds they make when they are about to fight.  I immediately flew out of the car and placed some food down to distract them.  It worked.  

Sometimes I post graphic pics --- this is one of them.  Sorry if anyone is offended, but this is reality.  This is what I see when you are all snuggly in your bed.


Hopefully he will be around each day and I can try to treat him.  If there were someone that wanted to foster him -- treatment would be made at a vet, but until then, this is all I can do.

The good news...  he will be healed soon if he keeps showing up!

Have a great day!  



No comments:

Post a Comment