Wednesday, May 26, 2021

The Trash Man

 

There is a man on Central Park that I see each feeding time (its light out now at 5am!) and he has one of those ‘pick up’ sticks? and a basket and he goes around and picks up the trash on Central and some of the street in between.  I stopped the first time I saw him and thanked him for what he did.  He actually cares about his neighborhood, and let me tell you, these streets around are the filthiest I’ve seen.  It seems there are so many that don’t care for their properties, but obviously there are some that do.  He’s actually pretty handsome too! 😊

Well, Friday I received a request from a woman in the city, on Parsells, that found a mother cat and her three kittens in her shed.  She said the mother cat let her pet her, and the kittens were rather hissy, maybe around 5 weeks old.  And here I always say, I am not taking in anymore kitties.  Well, I picked them up Saturday morning. Ugh.  Thanks to Sue for offering to foster.  I couldn’t do this without a foster.



I also went to visit our little man, Loren, the grey kitty that I thought was blind after rescuing from the street last week.  Thanks to Kim, his foster, for her patience and devotion to getting a very timid adult cat to come around to trusting humans.  He is not feral, just very timid, and is going to make someone’s heart swell a million times over once adopted.  These are the kind of cats that show their gratitude in many ways after they learn to trust.  He is still being treated with eye meds and we will see how he turns out after a few weeks with his vision.

That’s about it.  I am grateful to all the people that help me in so many ways. 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment