Monday, June 7, 2021

The Long and Short of It

 


What happened to last week?  It was a blur.  I spent the entire weekend outside, which is where I prefer, always.  What with the holiday weekend and all, I tried not to think about cats.  Yes, I do try to have a life outside of cats.  I couldn’t do it without fosters though.  I would be overwrought with guilt because someone somewhere is always asking for help with a cat here, kitten there, in need of help.  Take for instance, I got a call from a former adopter (Ernie and Jake’s new mom) of two kittens that is just the sweetest girl, and I am friends of her mom and aunt, so it was hard to ignore.  She said her step sister’s father has a barn and he’s found 5 kittens, in Shortsville.  Long story short, she was able to get two of the kittens, but the other three have gone missing.  I have them kitten traps, but they kept getting the adult cats, that are obviously starving to death.  I have no idea if they are even being fed, there are somethings my heart just can’t take knowing.

Long story short, meet these two cuties.  They went to vet for exam, both fairly well despite one having an eye issue, which is being cleared up as we speak.  That is my foster Christina.  Thank you Christina, for caring.




Then there is SUE!  My sweet Sue took in a momma and three kittens a few weeks ago.  Kittens still being socialized but momma is very sweet, and SLOWLY acclimating to Rose, the dog, and the other kitties that are Sue’s babies (Sue adopted Maize and Toebe from me a few y ears ago as kittens).  Thank you Sue for these wonderful pictures.







And last but not least, KIM!  Thanks Kim for your care and concern and love and foster for our old guy Loren, who is now aptly named Whiskers.  He has the funniest, curliest whiskers.  He is terribly shy, but slowly coming out of his shell.  His ‘sponsor’, a sweet woman named Debbie (who also previously adopted a kitty from me years ago – and whose husband made me those beautiful heavy wooden shelters years ago that were destroyed by the city – namely on Niagara Street), offered to get Whiskers to a vet if I had a foster.  That’s where Kim came in.  Long story short, Whiskers needs surgery – he may – on his eyelids which are turned in and have apparently been bothering him for a long time, could be from birth, which makes him not want to, or able to, open his eyes fully.  So, another vet visit soon, and we will find out about that.  Two angels for one cat.



Lastly, is anyone as neurotic as I am?  I used up some eggs, but there was only one left in the carton, and I felt SORRY for it, being alone.  So my other neurotic friend, Kristin, (who is the only person I know so far that could relate) told me to put a lime in with it.  So I did.  And yes, they are still happily together.




GREAT stories!

Have a great day!

"Today happens only once.  Make it Amazing!"

1 comment:

  1. Why you postin’ my insanity on your blog?? Lol!! I love you. And as always, you are doing so much good in this world xoxo

    ReplyDelete