Friday, May 7, 2021

The Cat A Log

 Click on the pics to ZOOM in:



Another crazy week, but that’s my life, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.  I made Orange-Almond Shortbread and they were/are DELICIOUS.  But what a pain to make.  Not hard, but dough so flaky and dry it was hard to work with.  Plenty of people asking for a taste, so as usual, I give more away than I eat.  Thank God though, or I would be fat. 😌






The two gorgeous, sweet and precious white kittens are going to their new home today, and I am really going to miss them.  They went from frightened, to standoffish, to sweet and cuddly in a matter of days.  They follow me around and want to be by my side when I am sitting.  They are just precious and I pray that they love their new home as much as they love it here.  I also hope they get plenty of playtime with their new mom because I can’t give them the attention they need.  That is why I am NOT a kitten fan.  It’s a LOT of work and time. 

The kittens Sheryl is fostering are getting bigger and bigger.  They will be six weeks old this Sunday, and their new adoptive parents are so excited to have them.  They won’t go until they are fully weaned, and at least 8 weeks old.  Two weeks.  Momma Melanie’s adoptive mom is very excited to get her also.  I have no pictures because Sheryl is not the best at taking pictures.  I have no clue what they look like today.  I will ask her to get me some pics.  



The blind grey kitty on Pennsylvania was there this morning after my not having seen him in two days.  He is still very scared, but if he doesn’t know you are right there, you can pet him while he eats.  He backs right into your touch, so I know he is a good boy, and deserving of treatment of his eyes and a good home.  Thank you Kimberly of Caledonia for offering to foster another adult kitty.  It will be a process for me because he needs to stay in a room at my house, and vetted before he can go to Kim.  Again, it so hard to know who is most deserving of these rare rescues of adults from the streets, there are just so many, but this guy has been out there for so long, and who knows, with medication, his eyes might get better.  He will cost a pretty penny, and while I still have that penny, he is worth it.

At this very spot last week I had to peel another dead cat off the street.  Its so sad that some people can just hit these animals and drive way without another thought.  Luckily it was not one of the two reds, or the calico that are my regulars there.

The Niagara building is being sold to be used as a halfway house.  It’s the old Rochester Clutch and Brake (or something like that) and its home to three regular cats, two tabbies and a tux.  I have no idea where they will go when they tear down my shelters behind the building.  This morning there was stuff piled on top of the shelters, and the grass was spray painted colors in certain spots.  Some morning I am going to arrive and everything will be gone.  The cats will be double homeless.

The weather is still springish out there and I am grateful. Nothing like four in the morning and listening to the still quiet of the morning, the birds chirping, and not another sound around.  It’s the perfect time of day.

Have a great day!



1 comment:

  1. Janine,

    See if you can possibly trap and place the 3 Kitties (2 Tabbies and the tux) before they are run out of their current homes as you anticipate.

    ReplyDelete