Friday, April 23, 2021

TGIF!

 It wasn't a great week, Dear Blog.  I have someone in my life, very close, that was just diagnosed with Stage 4 Pancreatic cancer.  And now to top that off, Colon cancer.  He was told he had 4 months to live.  Can you even imagine that?  What would you do if you were told that.  I think I would want to crawl into a hole and die right there.  I know I would have a hard time speaking to anyone, including my mother.  I know it would break her heart into a million pieces and wouldn't want her to suffer like that.  They say you lose friends during this time because they just don't know what to say.  I am going to be there for this person til the end, I pray, that he doesn't shut me out.  As I probably would if I had this certain fate.  

I pray my friend dies as he lived.  He'll want to fight to the end and will want to try everything.  But then he also might reach a stage where the burden of treatment is greater than what he is gaining from it.  Would I want longevity, or would I want quality of life, which I don't think is giving up.  I think its brave if you wouldn't want to go through chemo, such an invasive treatment....  I just don't know what I would do.

Regardless, I will love him to the bitter end, just  as I have for 30+ years now, and will never be able to really show it.  Its hard to show love, isn't it?  Words are words.  Love is love.

So if you see me and I'm not the energetic happy loving person you know (ha ha), remember, we are all going through heartache in one form or another.  We all have trials too difficult to talk about, but never hesitate to ask.

Ok, I am going to get back to cats here.

Bunny, Buddy and Berry are all thriving, with mommy Melanie doting on her babies like a good mother should.  I believe all three kittens will be adopted this week - Hopefully Buddy and Berry will be adopted together as the police officer that has fallen in love doesn't have any other pets, and we all know one kitten alone is not right.  They need sibling companionship, or at least another pet in the house to look after them.  And the third kitten Bunny will hopefully go to a family that already has one kitty, and I think a dog or two.  Fingers crossed!  Sorry there are no new pictures, but Foster Sheryl is not the best at taking them.  I miss Foster Sue.  She took pics of the kittens she had every six seconds.



On the streets there is nothing new.  It gets lighter earlier now so I am able to see the filth in the neighborhood I feed in.  The garbage.  Some people just don't care about what their home looks like.  The cats are still out there and waiting for a home.  So many beautiful red tabbies, black cats, grey tabbies, and calicos.


(Those are not my ugly boots above - ha ha)  Please consider fostering an adult cat, you will never regret it, and if you don't fall in love with it, I can guarantee you we will get it adopted.  Just let me know!

Have a great day.



3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Janine - for what your friend is dealing with - I can't imagine. And for the sadness you are feeling. Love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine,

    So very sorry to hear about your friend! However, he is in great hands having a friend like yourself. I had surgery for Stage 1V Prostate Cancer 2 months ago. Since then I learned they didn't get it all and it has spread. They now are recommending 38 Radiation treatments to try and eradicate it. I can't imagine what your friend is going through. Please help him stay positive! If anyone can do that I know it would be you Cat Angel. A good friend of mine has a Brother who has Brain Cancer and they told him he had 3 months to live. This was 17 months ago and his most recent test at Strong show him to be Cancer free. After nearly 18 months of Chemo they now say he is Cancer free. So their is always hope my friend! Please convey that to your good friend. My thoughts and prayers are with him. Stay strong Cat Angel!

    Walt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I am sorry to hear about your friend! I was reading your blog and wanted to ask about the kitty in the picture next to the box. Is he/she looking for a home?

    ReplyDelete