Monday, March 8, 2021

Random Things

So Saturday Sheryl and I were out on our run at 5 am. and at the first stop we go to is a house on Parsells Avenue, just past Culver.  The shelters are behind a giant bush to the left of a stairwell between two apartment entrances.  As I am bending down to pour food, and Sheryl to my right, she glances over with her headlamp and notices a body on top of the shelters, just laying there.  I looked over and saw a person with their head inside their t-shirt.  It was 20 degrees.  I started to say 'hey' and a man pops his head out of the t-shirt and says 'can you please call an ambulance'.  OMG.  I said of course, finished up and went to to the truck to dial 911.  We went on our way after explaining exactly that, knowing nothing more, and after finished up at the next spot just up the street, we head back to find an ambulance with its flashlights looking on the opposite side of the street.  I slowed down, pointed to the location, and that's when they crossed the street and found the guy, asked him to come out.  They walked him to the ambulance, and I got out to ask if I could have the towel Sheryl had laid on him before we left.  They said 'sure lady, here's your towel.'  Sheryl and I had a good laugh about that ....  they must have thought I was the crazy one...   but hey!  I need those towels for the shelters!  The few I have are precious!  (and no, I don't need anymore, thank you).

So that was one random thing that morning.  I am sure there were more but that's all I can remember.  But let me tell you, each time we go out together something random comes into our view that we just cannot believe we are seeing.  I'll have to go back through my pictures to find some examples.  One I can think of is a pair of high heeled sandals that are always in a different spot on an abandoned house's porch.  Just odd.







Kittens are all doing well.  We have four of the six adopted.  The black ones are left.  They just turned five weeks yesterday.  They are absolutely ADORABLE.  Anyone wants to come see them let me know.  Mommy is getting totally bored being in the room for the last six weeks, but in a couple of weeks from now, we can get her spayed and she can go to her new home.  Kittens are now weaned (but still taking advantage of mommy's milk), litter trained, and jumping and pouncing like wild creatures.  They are totally cute to watch.

One other thing to add:  There is a red tabby on Grand and Stout that has been TNR'd in the past, and is as sweet as can be.  He will be adopted in a heartbeat.  BUT, we just need a home to keep him fostered in until.  Is there anyone out there that is willing?


That's about it.  Its been cold, but spring is right around the corner!  Woo hoo.

Have a great day!

"Today happens only once.  

Make it amazing."

No comments:

Post a Comment