Friday, February 26, 2021

Chow Time!

 

Chow time! (click on the pics to view up close)

          


Well, nearly four weeks later, the kittens are starting to wean.  Let me remind you, I’ve never done this, and so many times did I feel the need to reach out to some of my foster moms who have done the fabulous job of raising little ones from birth to adoption, to ask for advice, but I didn’t.  I just stuck some smelly pate under a few of their little noses, put a little on their lips, and within half a minute, they dove right in.  This will be interesting, and messy.  The first thing they do is step in it.  Luckily Mom is happy to lick them clean because she can eat.  

Boy can she eat.  She is almost a bit too thin in comparison to her diet the past four weeks since I rescued her.  I must get her to a vet.  She seems happy, but her coat is not shiny, and she is still very thin, but full of milk.  The next step is to get them into a playpen as they are becoming wanderers.  They will fall off the bed eventually as they are getting very curious as to what’s over the edge.  They really are adorable, and will only get cuter in the next few weeks.  They weren’t much to look at – in my opinion – the first two weeks.  Alien-like. 






I am grateful to those strong women that have helped me out in the mornings.  Very grateful.  Its been a tough and treacherous past two weeks with the snow mounds and ice to contend with, but we made it and the cats didn’t go more than two days without food and water (before it froze).  Luckily, I think the very cold temps are gone.  I can hear and smell spring in the air.  It was a short winter as far as I’m concerned, and I’ll take that any day. 

 Have a great day!

“There's more to a person than flesh. 

Judge others by the sum of their soul and you'll see 

that beauty is a force of light that radiates 

from the inside out.”

No comments:

Post a Comment