Friday, March 26, 2021

Another Rescue!

 


Boy am I going to miss this little guy above, Harley, along with his brother Ralphie.  They are going to a new home today, where they will be very very loved.  Their new mom even got them an Easter basket!


Well its been a week!  Kittens are ready for their new homes, or at least I think they are, and Lucy will be spayed on Tuesday and ready for her new home, at least I think she is.  I often wonder how they all feel.  Do they miss each other?  Will Lucy survive without her kids?  They will be going to new homes this weekend, and Lucy will be alone after Saturday.  So sad.  Really.  I should do some research on this, not that it will do me any good if it tells me they DO feel that emptiness!

On the streets, all good.  Its funny how you notice so many cats missing that you used to feed.  I just pray they are safe, or didn’t have to suffer.

I am grateful to my friend Esther for taking over two of my spots for me.  Grateful to the core!  She offered without hesitation!  I just wish more people would offer to take one or two, and I could cut down and do less.  Its hell on my body these days. 

Drumroll….  I spotted a gray kitty hanging around for a few months on Melville #2, and she would always cry when I would pull up.   Very friendly!  So on Saturday, Sheryl and I noticed she looked sort of pregnant.  Thank God Sheryl mentioned she might be able to foster.  I hesitated because we have enough cats in this world, and if she was not very pregnant, I would have her spayed.  But lo and behold, she seemed quite pregnant when she ran up to me yesterday.  I immediately scooped her up, and then debated all day about what I would do with her.  In the end, I called Sheryl and she came and got her.  Meet Melanie!



We will just have to wait and see now - what your babies will look like, right Ms. Melanie?  Then we have to get YOU adopted too!

Have a great day!

"Spring:  A lovely reminder 

of how beautiful change can be."


No comments:

Post a Comment