Friday, November 9, 2018

Events


Greetings!  Happy Friday!  Woo hoooooooo! 

I wonder if people that are retired still get excited for Fridays.  Huh?  :)

Even though I still have to get up at 2 am. every day and go out into whatever the weather is doing.  Its not fun.  And I see so much heartache.  I just want to scoop them all up and take them home to warmth, safety and love.  I picked up the little girl on the side of Central, the one I feed under a tree there, she won’t go to the back where the shelters are.  She wriggles usually, so I gently scruffed her by the back of the neck and she did not struggle.  I am getting her prepared for rescue and foster by Kim.  She is vulnerable, and as I mentioned in previous posts, I’ve got to get those most vulnerable to the danger of not having shelter to go in when its nasty out. 

I took this photo on Niagara Street many years ago - yikes!


My foster Max also reiterated that he would take another.  I am thinking of who that perfect cat would be that #1 I can get adopted eventually, and #2 will learn to love dogs – as Max has a dog named Ollie.  Yes, Buddy from the street learned to love Ollie, he was just so chill.  So this next one that I pick out for Max should be similarly mellow and relaxed as Buddy is.

This family adopting Buddy, and Pebbles and Mara as well, are very excited to add all three to their family.  I can’t want to hear updates after tomorrow when I drop them off!

But let’s not forget the others still waiting for homes, not only the ones on the streets, but under our roofs as well.  Foster + Adoption = LOVE!

Let’s also not forget the auction happening RIGHT NOW through Saturday, tomorrow.   Here is the link for your convenience!


And one more thing to consider – Rock it out with ROC The DAY!  Beginning November 27th!   Click on this link below to read more about it.


Other events coming up:  Finish up (or begin? – like me) your holiday shopping at Enchanted Rose Garden on December 6th from 4-8 pm.  A percentage of sales will help to support JanineTheBean Rescue!  And last but not least, to finish up the year, beginning December 1st, the Feed a Cat for Christmas will be back on – this event is where, for a $40 donation, you will have your name emblazoned in lights on this blog, with a little something about you.  You can also donate in memory or in honor of someone near and dear to you.  It does literally cost me $40 a day to feed the cats out there, so this really does help me.

Rock on everybody!  Have a great day!



“Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can.”

4 comments:

  1. I will be at Enchanted Rose on Dec 6th !
    I will also be donating for Feed A Cat For Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you desire to take a good deal from this paragraph then you have to apply such methods to your won web site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fascinating discussion is definitely worth comment. There's no doubt that that you should publish more about this subject, it may not be a taboo matter but generally people do not speak about such issues. To the next! All the best!!

    ReplyDelete