Thursday, November 8, 2018

Parsley, et al....

My needs:  ADVANTAGE Flea Medicine.  

All is quiet on the home front.   We had a few days of severe wind, but my shelter remained intact.  I thought for sure the wind would pick up the tarps that are covering the shelters and food underneath them would be long gone, but thanks to the rocks and bricks that are securing them, all was good. I'm also appreciate of the boards I've received that will enable me to place them over the openings to the shelters inside leaving just enough room for the cats to get in under cover of rain and snow.  The boards also help to keep the leaves that are blowing all around to keep from getting in on top of the food.

I am still contemplating who I will rescue next, although you have to keep in mind the terrible guilt I feel knowing another rescue will take away from those that are already in foster care waiting on permanent homes.  I have only half a handful of fosters willing to take adults, and one is overloaded with Parsley, Hermie, Katie and Connor (Buffy is there as well), so I must be choosy when deciding which one to remove from the street and save.  My factors of choosing have to do with safety (do they have shelter), and medical attention (do they need).  I already have Jule at my home, and he is a handful.  Very unsocial and closed up in a room and I feel terrible about it.

I also had someone reach out to me about some kittens living under a porch.  My friend Elisabeth has been taking these calls for me and offering advice.  Its very overwhelming for me to get these requests - I can handle just so much.   My free time is so very limited.  Not to mention, I am NOT a rescue for others - I rescue the cats I feed on the streets.  And that is a LOT of work in and of itself.  Regardless, I told his woman that I would take the kittens if she can get them ASAP.  I'm told they are about 6-7 weeks, and one of them looks like this:



If anyone can help this woman trap these kittens today, it would be helpful.  The longer this goes on, the more feral they become, and I just can't take them.  I have traps if someone can go there and help.



We have just a few more days of the auction - There is still some great stuff to be had!  Check out this link!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Janinethebeanrescue/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2152613891437105&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARD4jVpUzqIhkrZyqRWa_x0ug5ZtAmRs4D-Zx09UIMjHZFys0wIl937l3Yb4Op_MJ83zZvvBpbkck8cF_SfqLy787pN9SX5zTdRFqs5GDz0Lo5nv-tEhqoEH6eNjDe9LcrXJISSE8ZsIVosMIJ9YFvRCFMtzw9yqkZ2a7Ar8AUGfvOPB5qIm72i89OvHL8ekuhVnXw&__tn__=-UC-R

Well, we have some new photos of Parsley!  Get a load of these!






And Connor!







Love these kitties.  HERMIE was not participating in the photo shoot, and Katie won't stand still!

That's it for now folks.

Have a great day!

"After every dark night
comes the birth of a new day!"





1 comment:

  1. Parsley and Connor are adorable! I hope someone can trap those kittens. Where are they?

    ReplyDelete