Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Hump Day!

On Thanksgiving morning, I had a knock at the front door.  It was an arrangement of fruit on a stick from Edible Arrangements.  I was blown away!  What a surprise!  And it was signed "I am so grateful for you and my three beautiful rescues!  Happy Thanksgiving!"  I still have no clue who sent these.  I have adopted so many kitties out, in pairs, and in triples too (although not that often).  Whoever did this, please reveal yourself, I would like to thank you!  I and my family enjoyed it immensely.  Thank you so much!



Also on Thanksgiving morning, the truck died. I needed to get a new battery.  All that and trying to get to mom's house to bring the hors d'oeuvres by 1 pm.!   Rough start to the day, to say the least.  But the fruit delivery helped!

Speaking of deliveries, I am not sure who delivered the super duper high powered tactical unit (I say kiddingly) headlamp.  I can see from here to China in the dark with it!)  Please reveal who sent!  :) 

On another note, it sure was miserable out there this morning.  I am a hurting puppy.  I got up at 2 am. and it didn't look too bad.  Just a dusting of snow on the car and ground.  When I left the house at 3:40 am, the snow was coming down.  By 4 am., it was coming down heavily.  I was so mad I didn't bring a hat or something.  Instead, I pulled out one of those granny hats that they put on, you know, the plastic that tie under your chin?  I looked lovely.

There was no need to shovel, I just brushed the snow away with my foot at some places to allow the cats to eat with their little legs on the leaves rather than the cold wet snow.  I also ‘stole’ some boards near the side of the road at one point – I used it in the middle of the median on Central Park across from the Pentecostal Church that ‘drove me away’ and threatened the police if I trespass with cat food on their property.   Across from there is a median in the middle of the roads, and I’ve been feeding a few hungry – VERY hungry cats that come running – but this morning the winds and snow were blowing hard from the south, and I had to shield their food from being covered, so if you drive down that street, you should see the board leaning against a tree with a plate of food under it.  The things I do.  Hey, if you DO drive down there, make sure the board is still standing upright!  And the food is not covered in snow!

There will be a need to shovel tomorrow, however.  I pray my knees can take it.  I shovel the outside of the shelters, so that the cats can get out and move around without having to trudge through the deep snow. Its super deep for them when its deep for us!


SHORTY

The kitty I rescued yesterday has turned out to be one SWEET SWEET cat. There is something about grey cats.  They are gentle, and sweet.  Shorty has totally mellowed from his scared little self that he was last night when coming out of the anesthesia.  He was neutered, given his shots, and tested negative for combo. He is ready for LOVE baby!  J

That’s it, gotta get to work!

Have a great day!


"Blessed are those 
that can give 
without remembering
and receive
without forgetting."

1 comment: