Thursday, June 21, 2012

In each and every moment of my life, joy is a possibility. I choose joy now.

That is my affirmation of the day.  I must believe it.  I must follow it. 

I was very joyful to see my boy, Big Red this morning after he was TNR'd yesterday.  Such a good boy.  He was VERY happy to see me too.  Funny how these cats that live 24 hours a day outside, in all sorts of elements, in all sorts of neighborhoods, with all sorts of crazy things around them, come to know you, and love you.  Big Red reminds me so much of my beloved Cosmo, who I lost just maybe three weeks ago, but still feels like yesterday.  He reminds me of Mickey, my very first orange cat, who I miss terribly also.  Mickey was a brat, but a loved brat. So, Big Red, Red, Lucille, Talkie and Miss Calico were waiting for me.  It was good to see.
SPARKLES

I think I saw Limpy at my next stop.  That was a good thing.  I did not see the open raw wounded cat at the next stop.  I think he was released yesterday morning.  I will keep an eye out for him, I was told his wound was not as bad as it looked, and that the antibiotic he was given would help it.    The next few stops were pretty much normal, except again I saw the wounded buff colored kitty hanging with Sparkles.  He is still limping terribly.  At the next couple of stops after that, I was shocked to see a baby kitten running from the shelter I have set up behind a house.  This little guy couldn't be more than two or three months old.  Teeny, tiny.  Tiger.  I must try to trap here this Saturday, where I am expected to get at least two kitties for TNR'g.

These are some of the things I witnessed this morning.  I continue to drive down near crazy lady's house, waving at Jasmine, the poor girl that I described a few posts back, as she told me through the car window that today was her last day of school, just before she was picked up by a little yellow school bus.  I stopped and said hello to Dave, an elderly black man who lives across the street from Jasmine, who saw me two days ago placing a bowl of food and water down for a cat I saw - and we struck up a nice conversation.  He is a very kind man - a rarity in these neighborhoods I venture out into each day.  There really are some nice people in life.  I have to remember this. 

Pictures are of various stops I make and the kitties I feed.

 SECOND STREET

SEVENTH STREET

No comments:

Post a Comment