Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Enough

Seriously.  I am at one of my breaking points.  One of - thank God I have more, or I don't know how I would be today.  I got to my first spot this morning, where I feed about six cats each morning, where many have been TNR'd, two of which I had to release Sunday morning, which broke my heart to begin with as these were two sweet cats that need homes, one of which I haven't even seen since I let him go.  When I pulled up, there was the shelter I had behind the house next door to where Wally lives, and on the other side of him lives the woman who wrote me that nasty note the other morning.  As I got out, and went behind the house, I noticed the grass had been mowed.  I can only assume that it was trashed by the woman that owns the house, that rents it out to people who have not bothered with me or the cats all this time.  I am so disappointed in Wally.  Why couldn't he defend me and the cats?  I know his intentions are good, and maybe he shys away from confrontations with people.    I am sure it is the latter, but it still doesn't make it any better.  I have reached out to a group on Facebook that is a coalition of the neighbors in that area, to see if there is anyone reading it with an ounce of compassion to offer me some suggestions/alternatives.  I am sick over this.  There is nothing there now, and I am sure someone is going to pick up the food and trash it after I've left.  I just don't know what to do.  There are no abandoned houses right there.  I've had so much opposition there, I am just at my wits end on what my next move will be, tomorrow. 

TROUBLE

Another situation weighing heavily on my mind is my cat Trouble.  My girl, who I rescued from a neighboring street, the only rental house in my hood, the people moved out and left her there.  There's been nothing but white trash that has lived there since.  Anyways, Trouble, unbeknownst to me, had a bun in the oven - and a week after I took her in, I looked behind the couch where she was laying, and I thought she was playing with a mouse.  It was her baby!  Since that day, she was named Trouble because of her spitfire personality.  She didn't like the others and made it clear to them to stay away.  She developed diabetes, and it was never controlled.  Hence, she weighs about three pounds now, and she just stopped eating this morning, something she has never done.  I found her staring at the furnace in the basement.  I carrier her up to the bed, and she told me it was time.  I have the appointment at 11 today.  Wish me luck.  :(

2 comments:

  1. Janine...I have no idea how you are holding up at this point. I'm truly at a loss for words for all you have been through in such a painfully short amount of time. Please email me if you'd like. I'm always here. Sending my love & support...xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey. My heart is so heavy for you right now and I said a prayer for you as soon as I read the sad news of Trouble I'm praying God will comfort and sustain you and quickly bring a solution in regards to the nasty lady. Big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete