Friday, June 24, 2022

Summertime When The Weather Is Fine

 This kitty is looking for a home.  He is just under a year.  Very sweet.  Short Street.


My Wish List:

  • Straw (one bag only – no bales)
  • Paper plates (large size)
  • Paper bowls
  • Tarps (camo and dark green or brown)
  • 2-gallon zip lock baggies
  • Always always always wet and dry cat food


Happy Summer!  Great season for the cats on the streets.  They can laze away in the sun, but when it storms, it storms.  I am sure they take cover, but I think about them regardless. 

I’ve been feeding a mostly black cat outside my porch the past two months.  I don’t know where it came from, but it waits on the steps each morning at 3:30 am.  I give it a bowl of dry and a tablespoon of wet before it gobbles it down and I have to take it away because of the ants.  Damned ants!  I love all creatures, but I hate ants!  And they can’t help it that they are not a good looking bug.  And they can’t help their size. As a matter of fact, the smallest, and the largest ants gross me out.  Its not fair to them, I know.  They didn’t ask to be ants.  OK, enough of these ‘antics’.  Ha ha.

There is a black cat on Melville with a broken leg.  Its dangling. Sheryl spotted it two weeks ago and when we went to get it in the carrier (its friendly), it wouldn’t come to her (scared of me I suppose).  Esther, my helper at 5 of my spots, tried this morning, after I had seen it this past Wednesday, two days ago, but it wouldn’t come for her.  She will try again tomorrow, and the day after and the day after until we can get her.  Poor thing, I can’t imagine the pain.  So let’s hope she has some luck.  She has also taken it upon herself to find help for the cat, including foster care.  If only one person would sponsor a cat in this capacity, we would have fewer sick and injured cats on the streets.

On Saturday, I got a call from a mechanic friend and said his worker drove in to work from Horseheads, NY with a kitten in the backseat.  He thinks his son put it in before he left for work.  Apparently there is a farm down the road from him with all sorts of cats and kittens. So I naturally told him I would come and see whats going on, and I drove there, saw the sweet little kitten, and took it home.  Today is Friday, and the kitten is adopted.  I brought it to its new home last evening.  The girl is in LOVE and has renamed it Willow from Richie.  Here is Richie. She was adopted FAST.  Sweetest little thing...


Chloe (tabby) and Fender (orange and white runt) are also being adopted together!  Its wonderful when we can get two kittens adopted together.  They really bond with each other, and when there is no other animal in the house, its lonely for one. Their picture below:




The mother of Chloe, April, Duke and Licorice – the clan that was rescued/found on Birr Street in the city, is at the vet now being spayed.  Unfortunately, she didn’t come around to socializing and we have to return her today to where she came from. Two nice women feed and care for the cats around their homes.  They are awesome.

Pearl from Parsells continues to make small steps at being social.  She has a long history, beginning with her months at Sheryls in hiding, to being caught and driven to Honeoye Falls where she has been slowly coming around thanks to Kim and Julia.  Thanks to these two fabulous women for taking a chance with her and believing in her!  Now to find her a home!  Pearl below:




Sheryl continues to foster two ‘kittens’ that she has had since winter – they were found on North Clinton Avenue by some construction workers and reached out to us for help.  Thank you Sheryl.  These two do not show good, but are slowly coming around to Sheryl.  Once kittens get past a certain age, they start to become feral.  These two are slow learners, that they are safe and can now trust again!

Kristin introduced me to a man that is disabled this past week, and he is looking for a cat as a companion.  There is a cat on Seventh Street and Central that is just the sweetest little boy ever.  He wants nothing but to be petted, and fed of course, but he would rather be petted.  I thought of this kitty, and the man, and put in a request at the clinic for same day vetting and rescue.  Wish us luck!  Here is a pic of this kitty, I am calling Sweetie for now.


PLEASE CONSIDER FOSTER AND ADOPTION.  YOU ARE SAVING LIVES!

Have a great day!



 

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for keeping us updated. There is a few glimmers of hope because of you and others like you.

    ReplyDelete