Friday, June 10, 2022

He's Baaaack.....


Yes, Brady is back.  Brady brat is home.  Early Wednesday morning, I saw a silhouette of a cat in the window.  I thought a cat was sitting on top of the A/C unit on the INSIDE.  This was 2:30 am. so wasn't quite sure.  Didn't have my glasses on so I got up and looked closer, and sure enough, he was sitting on the OUTSIDE of the A/C unit.  I went to the porch, opened door thinking he would run inside, but no, he was too scared to jump down apparently.  I had to open the porch window so he could just jump through that.  He had no problem jumping when he first escaped sometime early Sunday morning!  I immediately put Advantage flea stuff on him -- God knows where he's been and what he's encountered.  He's been sleeping ever since.  I wish I had a body cam strapped to him. I would love to see what he was doing!

I know the cost of living has gone way up this past year, and inflation is at its worse.  But on top of our normal living expenses, I have to worry about feeding over 100 cats 4 x a week.  I am not getting donations like I used to.  It costs me 6 16-lb bags of dry food, and 30 normal sized cans of wet food = that's $90 something JUST FOR A DAY.  On top of that, I now have to pay to have people go with me.  That's $40.  So that's on average $130 JUST FOR A DAY.   Remember, I've had to cut back to EVERY OTHER DAY because of the cost.  What's that for a year?  Can anyone do the math.  That's INSANE.

I want to thank those that have volunteered either their time or their money in various forms (ie, cat food, gas, foster care, straw, shelters, caring for some of my colonies, trapping, giving me spots at the clinic, etc.).

  • June & Gary
  • Kim B.
  • Erin
  • Kristin
  • Sheryl
  • Tamera
  • Esther
  • Sherry
  • Jeanne
  • Benita
  • Katherine
  • Kim S.
  • Julia
  • Connie
  • Deb
  • Michelle
  • Lori
  • Chloe
  • Sue
  • Danielle
  • Chuck
  • Kim
  • Cyndy
  • Rick
  • Paula
  • Kimberly
  • Elisabeth
  • Lorraine
  • Donna
  • Karla
  • Debbie
  • Maura's Mom
  • Tracy C
  • Katharina
  • Deborah
  • Eustress
  • Laurie
I know I've missed someone here, but hopefully you will see your name if you have helped me.  If you don't see your name, remind me!  This list does not include ALL monetary donations.  I am just so grateful, even if you donated a bag of straw.  Its all appreciated.

Have a GREAT day!  (PS, someone do the math!)  😊

2 comments:

  1. So glad Brady is home! Just put thru an Amazon order for dry and wet food. Should be delivered tomorrow and Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $130 X 4 days x 52 weeks = $27,040

    ReplyDelete