Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Gotcha!


Let me start out by thanking all of you again for your donations last Tuesday.  What a wonderful difference it will make.  First thing I will do with it is pay the two $500+ vet bills for RCAC and Pittsford Animal Hospital.   I am so grateful to know I can care for the sick and injured animals with your donations.  I don't even care for my own cats like I do for the rescues.  They are fresh from the streets and sometimes have lots of issues.  My own are lazy, warm, fat and happy.  They don't need a thing.  


Last Friday morning, I was feeding on Parsells, and doing my cat calls, when the red injured tabby I'd seen weeks before but not since came running from down the street.  Right to my feet.  Such a SWEET boy.  I quietly and quickly went to get the carrier I had in the truck, and placed it gently on the ground so as not to scare him.  I opened the cage door, and bent down and scooped him up under the belly, and SHOVED him in.  



Once cats see they are going into anything closed in like that, they start freaking out and use their front paws to start the fight.  But I was able to quickly close the door and off we went.  I called a friend and told her I had him.  She had originally told me that if we could get the cat, she would take care of it.  My problem is that I don't have anywhere to keep a cat, nor do I have available fosters.  Everyone wants the kittens, but not the adults.  So after some figuring out of what to do on the friend's end, he was whisked off to another rescue.  Actually a mostly dog rescue, but I am grateful they took him.   I was alerted that he was in this rescue when someone took a screenshot from a Facebook post.  They believe his injuries were from scratching his ear so bad it became infected.  Mites.  Mighty little mites.  Nasty buggers.  The unfortunate thing about when a cat is taken in by another rescue, you don't get updates.  I don't know why, but they don't post anything, and I don't feel its my place to pry.  I am just happy for Mr. Big Red Tabby with the wound.  He is now safe and won't suffer in silence, like so many do on the streets, anymore.  I do know he was unneutered as well, so no more fighting for the big guy either.  Nor baby making!


Long story short, we have the construction kittens now in the care of foster Sheryl.  We must get these kittens socialized quickly or they will be a problem in a few weeks down the road and unadoptable.  If anyone would like to help out, please let me know!  They just need lots of holding, and soothing.  Are they not adorable?  They are the Clinton Avenue cats.  A bunch of construction guys were feeding them, finally trapping them, and Sheryl came to the rescue to take them in.  The workers were in love with them, and thought the welding names of Mig and Tig would suit them.  I guess those are it for now.  I've run out of names I have named so many cats in my lifetime!  The lighter grey kitten is definitely a girl.  I was able to hold her, but Mr. Hissy Pants kept backing out of my reach in the cage she has them in.

Kristin and I made headway in socializing the three black kittens - Leo (who already is in his new home), Midnight and Trouble -- that were being fostered in Geneseo originally.  They were hiding so couldn't be held.  They are now in a small confined space and we FORCE them to be held -- just kidding - they are turning into marshmallows for us.  The more you hold, the sweeter they become!

Tomorrow I go out to feed again.  Its certainly a chore once started, but as soon as I cross over Goodman, I know I am halfway done, and from there it goes fast.   Pics below are from Short Street shelter - new long haired black kitty.   Very friendly.  He joins Mr. Whiskers and Belle and this other unknown white/grey tabby:





And the VERY FRIENDLY homeless cat on Parsells -- Would love to rescue him.  Anyone?



 On my short drive home I am always relieved knowing I feed some very helpless animals.  They have had their breakfast and will then wander off to find warmth and shelter somewhere, if they don't find the ones I've left for them, or the cats on Parsells who have nothing because of the mean spirited people that won't let me leave a shelter there. 



 

Fuzzy Wuzzy/Giblet and Eva are the last of the kittens to be adopted.   What a great foster I have in my new foster Tamera!  Thank you Tamera!

That's all I have for now.

Have a great day!




2 comments:

  1. Hi Janine that orange cat looks like Ziggy! I really want to quit my job and get some more cats!well one of my jobs maybe I will so is that orange one feral? He doesn't seem so from the picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is very sweet and friendly. I can pick him up and hold him!

    ReplyDelete