Thursday, December 16, 2021

The Little Rat That Could - The Mob

So, little baby Giblet and his big sister Eva have been adopted together.  A very nice man contacted me a few weeks ago and told me his wife follows my blog and they had just lost a cat, and he wanted to surprise his wife with baby Georgie who was the first kitten I found at the Garson location.  Well, unfortunately, I had to tell him that Georgie was already adopted, and at that point, I had rescued Georgie's brother Giblet.  We still had Eva available from the Marilyn, Elvis, and Zsa Zsa gang, and I needed Giblet to go with another kitty that he was familiar with.  So, this man decided that those two would be the ones to adopt, and asked me to surprise his wife.  After planning the details, I showed up Tuesday evening, got Giblet out of the carrier, placed his ribbon around his neck, rang the doorbell, and after being quietly greeted, walked in and surprised his wife!  What a sweet surprise!  After spending a few minutes with his wife, with her holding both Eva and Georgie, I left knowing I was making a family very happy!  



Georgie and Giblet are still too young yet, and this family was going away for holiday until the first of the year, so it works out great.  They will be ready for delivery first of the year.  Many thanks to Foster Tamera for caring for the little ones, as the others were delivered to their new homes the past two weekends.  Tamera also expressed interest in a red tabby that greets me daily on Parsells- one of the ceiling business kitties.  Danielle and Chuck have been helping to feed this spot for years now as well.  Mr. Red Tabby has been there for years.  He is fixed, and just needs a warm loving home.  So, I just need to work out a plan to scoop him up the same morning I can get a vet appointment.




People don't realize, I don't think, the cost of caring for kittens.  The adoption fee is a drop in the bucket.  Kristin and I delivered two very shy kittens this weekend to their new home, Trouble and Midnight.  Midnight was acting strange after we left, like he was having a hard time eliminating in the litterbox.  So, I arranged a vet appointment for him (as its MY responsibility until their surgery when they are fully adopted at that point), he was diagnosed as idiopathic cystitis, and will be monitored.  He was given several medicines, urinalysis testing, etc., and the bill was $203.  And that is nothing.  There have been many times where I have had to bring litters in, and that is costly as well.  Some people poo poo me for not having the cats first or second distemper shots by the time they get them, but I can't afford to do that and keep the cost of the already low adoption fee, low.  So for now, I can only trust my fosters, and then the adopters to keep an eye on these little ones who are so susceptible to so many things as their immune systems are not fully developed.  


Not only are there three regulars waiting for me at the tree where I place food and water down every single morning, and where EVERY SINGLE MORNING the @$#%$#% living in the back apartment next to the CITY LOT removes the plates and water when he rises, there is also a very fat rat.  Now, I am not a fan of rats, but they are living creatures.  They will never go away, even without cat food..  There is litter all over the place in this spot because of renters and people that just don't care to clean up their spaces.  If it were my house, I wouldn't care about something I can't control, but I would definitely not allow them in my house, which is why we have traps, etc.  Anyway, here is Big Jim the rat, with Scarface to the left, and The Enforcer to the right.  This rat is there every morning, and rushes to the food.  No wonder he is so fat. (If you click on pics you can zoom in)


PS, I still have no where to place shelters for these poor souls this winter.  I wish someone could help me find a spot!


I think that is about it.  Speaking of Parsells #1 spot, I did get an update on the kitty I rescued two weeks ago on Parsells with the neck wound:  "His combo test came back negative, the wound is doing great... continuing with Clavamox for another week, and they've started to call him Beefcake.  He's so sweet."  Awesome end of the week news for sure.

Have a great day!

“What you think, you become

What you feel, you attract

What you imagine, you create.”

Buddha


No comments:

Post a Comment