Friday, June 25, 2021

TGIF!

 Time sure does fly by.  I continue to go out every other day and feed the kitties, and then race home to eat and get ready for work.  Never a dull moment.  I go through 5 16-lb bags and 14 large cans of wet cat food for each feeding.  I have three crazy girls that get up early and help me, on separate days, and boy am I grateful.  In the summer days, its light at 5 am. so basically I could do it on my own, its just carrying the heavy gear i.e. water jugs, food, etc.  

I see so many sweet adoptable cats out there, my heart breaks, so on the days I don't feed, I don't want to think about them or cats in general because its too depressing.  We don't have enough people to take in a cat for fostering.  I know of at least 5 'worthy' cats right now out there.  Beautiful cats too.  The one adult cat in foster, Whiskers, the foster is falling in love with and is thinking about adopting, but I don't want to lose this foster because she does so well with the adult cats that come off the street, grooming them for their new home.  So I told her to hold off, maybe the right fit will come along for Whiskers, who is slated for surgery on July 5th, to have his eyelids turned out right.  They are curled in right now making it hard for him, or uncomfortable for him, to open his eyes.

The kittens my former adopter found are just precious.  She too has wanted to keep them.  But I told her, we will find the right adopter, to take them both.  I still need to visit her to determine sexes, and then will post on Petfinder.  Mila and Ruby, for now, but I could swear one of the is a boy.






You can see why she is in love with them!

Have a great day!

"There are no great people in this world, 

only great challenges which ordinary people 

rise to meet."

1 comment:

  1. I miss you my friend! As always you are amazing!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete