Friday, April 2, 2021

We Got Babies!

 So, you remember last week, I rescued ANOTHER grey pregnant female, this time from just around the corner where Lucy was parked when I rescued her, on Melville Street.  I had noticed this kitty for sometime, she was fairly new on the scene, but recently had noticed a slight bulge in her belly.  I scooped her up on a ...  what....  Tuesday?  And by this past Monday, she delivered three babies!  Pretty good catch I would say.  Again, a bit too late for an abortion.  Like we needed more cats in this world.  Most outdoor cats are dying one way or another.  They are euthanized when brought to a shelter, they are hit by cars, they are eaten by fox and other such prey, or they are abused and tortured by sick individuals - and we have plenty of those also.

So little Miss Melanie is now a mother, and thank you to their foster mother, Sheryl, for caring for them.  Now to think of names for the little ones.  And determine the sex!  (that third one looks like he has a milk mustache!)





Other than that, its been really quiet out there.   I can't think of another year when it was this quiet.  I should say quiet between the hours of 5am and 7 am.  Its the earlier hours where its not quiet.  We've had seven murders this year in Rochester, and four of them just so happened in the hood I feed cats in.  I thank God each day for having the safety and strength to do what I do, but again, as I've said before, it can't continue forever.  I have a whole other life and need to pursue it.  Including sleep.  I need it bad.

Please spay and neuter any animals in your perimeter -- don't rely on rescues (although you can ask for advice!), and please don't just ignore it.  Pay attention to your own area and do something about it. 

Thanks and have a great day!




1 comment: