Tuesday, May 5, 2020

FOSTERS NEEDED!


Ernie, Jake, Lulu, Snowball
Crazy past four days.  Friday was uneventful because it was a skip day.   Kittens were picked up by a temporary foster  on Thursday - kittens being Snowball, Lulu, Jake and Ernie.  Darling little things, but frightened of their own shadow.  This is what happens when born outdoors and let to roam after being weaned by their feral mother, at approximately 5 weeks old.  I am giving them birthdays of March 30th.  Thank you to Maree for helping out!  Until Sunday that is, when Maree reported that kittens were displaying blood in their stool, vomiting and diarrhea.  Great.  So, Sunday morning, after calling the Emergency Vet in Brighton/Henrietta, the only place open, to make sure they were open, I got the OK to bring them in.  I drove to Maree's at 7:30 am., picked them up, and was at the clinic at 7:45 am.  Out came one of the staff to get the kittens, and by 9 am., I received a call from the doctor inside the clinic telling me there was not much to report, but that they could be treated with meds.  I asked about the combo test, and he wasn't aware I had requested one.  So, he told me that with the blood draw they could pinpoint with more accuracy as to what the issue is, or isn't.  He told me to come back at 10:30, which I did, and it wasn't until 12:15 pm. that I was able to drive off with the little darlings.  And I was also out $504.00.  They eliminated a few things, but said the cause was most likely the deworming that was given to them on Thursday and its like a poison to their system, and it could be the cause for the symptoms they were displaying.  They are much better today.

So, I've had the kittens here with me since Sunday, and I am looking to find them a good foster.  The foster should be local, with a room that is large enough for four kittens to play in, but also a room where there can be no hiding spaces.  Its highly unlikely the kitten will begin trust when you are trying to pull them out of something or somewhere.  These kittens need to be handled gently and often to get them to trust humans.  They must also have some flexibility for meet and greets with potential adopters.  Not necessarily at the foster home, but I can get them and keep them for a day.

Pennsylvania Avenue Cats

This morning, as I crossed over Goodman to begin my spots near the public market, I could see the air was cloudy under the street lights.  Before crossing, a firetruck sped by.  I then noticed a burning smell, and sure enough, after verification on the news when I returned home, there was a fire on Portland.  Portland!  That's a distance, and the smoke wafted all the way over to Bay and Goodman?  Then again, there was a fire on Monroe Avenue a few weeks back and I could smell that one too from the same distance.

Chappas - Grand Ave.
 Clerk was murdered at this corner store last week
Still hasn't reopened

Very friendly Calico I feed here at Chappas, 
under the porch next door - would love to rescue!

The moon is almost full, and its so pretty to look up and see it against the backdrop of 3 am. dark sky.  Then of course the birds begin singing around 4 am. and its the welcoming sound of springtime.  Although its certainly taking its time these days to get here.  38 degrees this morning.

That's all I have.

Have a great day.


"Let your smile change the world,
but don't let the world change your smile."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment