Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Tuesday



My shelter on Ferndale Crescent was torn apart Friday when I arrived.    From the looks of it, it looked like Crazy Lisa's handiwork.  She would go to a few of my public vacant lot shelters and place thick cardboard down over the palet and boards that were under the tarp.  The same happened with this one.  They moved the totes underneath and placed cardboard.  So weird.  Hasn't been touched since.  The cats do use these shelters.  These ones are feral.  They see or hear me and go running.


Things have been very quiet these days in the hood.  The usual suspects of cats are there, but people-wise, they change up every couple of years.  Gone are the old hookers, now you have new younger ones.  Some white, some black.  There is even a male out there soliciting his wares.  Quiet drug deals are made in cars and the regulars still stop at the house on Second to buy their booze and cigarettes at all hours through the night after tapping on the outside window.  Cash is exchanged through a hole in the screen (I would imagine). 



Cat after cat gets pregnant, has babies, babies either die, or I see them when they are months old, because their momma has hidden them somewhere, and they only come out when humans aren’t around.  I’ve only encountered one pregnancy so far this year, and that is with Misty.  No more babies for Misty.



Misty was brought to Foster Max’s house on Sunday, and she is still not a very happy camper.  She is a very sweet cat, but it’s all new to her so far.  I’m hoping she acclimates to his resident kitty and dog, which will make her more adoptable.  There are still others I want to remove from the street, but I can’t do it without fosters.  So please consider it. 

I also am not writing on this blog on a daily basis anymore.  I am finding myself struggling for words these days.  I’ve been writing almost daily since 2010.  That’s a lot to talk about.  So please continue to check-in because you never know…

Have a great day.


"Stop looking for happiness in the
same place you lost it."

1 comment: