Monday, March 2, 2020

Monday Blues

I have a cold.  First one in at LEAST five years.  Thanks to my co-worker who was hacking away over my shoulder last week.  Thanks.

Taken Saturday morning... Pennsylvania Avenue
It was a fairly mild morning out there.  Still a dreaded drive once leaving home at 3:05.  I am tired.  I am tired of driving for two hours, stopping, jumping out, seeing the sad and desperate street cats, jumping back in and driving to the next.  It's really sad for me.  I want to rescue them all.  I actually am fresh out of cats right now.  Usually, by this time of year, I've rescued quite a few.  That's not to say I haven't rescued any so far this year, I have, but right now I have no supply, and yes, there is demand.

Tomorrow morning I've decided to rescue the crier on Seventh and Central.  I think she is going to turn out to be a sweetheart.  I have asked my foster Max if he can take her in and socialize her, along with Apollo the cat and Ollie, the dog.  There is a red fluffy cat on Melville that needs a full-body shave, he is so matted.  I must find a foster for him.  The day I do, I would grab him, and probably take him to a regular vet, not the clinic, because he is a former TNR, and would just need to be tested, revaccinated and shaved to get rid of the mats that surely must hurt him, pulling on his skin so tight.




Some great news.  Joey a/k/a Josephine was adopted this weekend.  It was quite unexpected actually.  A former adopter, who adopted Destiny a few years ago, took a chance on Joey and brought her directly home with her on Saturday.  Joey has been with Foster Mom Sue the longest.  We were starting to have our doubts due to the fact that Joey is very timid and shy, and not a lap cat.  Yet.  But Anne decided to take a chance and give her time to come out of her shell. 

If you will recall, Destiny gave birth to several kittens – she was found on an abandoned porch inside an old suitcase, and some of her babies made it and some didn’t.  A kind person brought them all over and she nursed her remaining babies in my bathroom until adoption.  After the babies were adopted, she took in little one or two-week-old Taco who was also found alone and abandoned by a kind person.  She mothered him until Taco could make it on his own.

So... great news, and wish me luck for tomorrow!

Have a great day!


1 comment: