Thursday, March 26, 2020

Skinny Minnie

Another quiet morning out there.  There were a few creepy people lurking around, but I was armed and ready (taser and mace).  Let anyone get too close to me in the mornings anymore and BLAM!  I'll let them have it.  Although as I've mentioned a million times...  I've had only one scare in all...  well, two.... in all these years I've been doing this.  I needed a wake-up call.

The kitties were there though, all hungry and waiting for their day's meal.  There is a sweet little one on Garson that I suspect was or is pregnant because of the size of the nipples below.  And this cat is YOUNG.  Can't be more than ...  7 months?   I would love to rescue her, but what if she has babies hidden somewhere.  She is friendly too.  And hungry!

BTW, I am good with boards.  Thank you, Kathy, for your last drop off!  I will let you know when I need more, but hopefully, that evil bastard that was taking the boards has somehow disappeared.  If you know what I mean.  Evil.  That's all that man was/is.

Weather is breaking, which is good for the cats.  With this quarantine thing, I am able to get out and do some purging of my garage - so much stuff!  I have too much stuff!  And rats chewed my beautiful cushions for my Adirondack chairs.  Rats!  Yes, rats in the burbs!  And the ants in my house, kitchen sink, bathroom sink, they are driving me insane!

Back to cats...

MINNIE
Do you all remember Minnie?  She was found at an apartment complex in Clifton Springs one very cold morning in February.    She is with her new family now and they love her dearly.  Here is what they have to say - with a new pic!

Minnie getting kissed by big brother Chester!



"Minnie is doing great. She is such a wonderful addition to our family and I can't believe how well Chester has adjusted. It was rough for the first couple weeks but they have established their little routines and Chester totally gets that he doesn't need to feel threatened by her. They play several times a day together, but spend time apart, too. They sometimes choose to sleep near one another under the dining room table or in our bed. Minnie is curious about everything. She knows she isn't allowed in the basement yet (that's where Chester's litter box is and there are just a couple places where I don't want her to explore yet like my hubby's workshop) but as soon as she hears that door open she is there in a flash. She has also escaped outside a few times now...she is such a sneak and waits by the door when she knows we're coming and going. Some nicer days we open the windows and she sits right by them. I can tell she loves the outdoors and will be trying to get out all summer, so we are going to have to come up with more strategies since she's so fast and smart. She likes being near us and tolerates a lot of love considering there are five of us now all home...lol. She is really gentle and doesn't bite or scratch...only occasionally when playing and it's not vicious. She is getting big! And long! She has long legs, and a long slinky body and is just such a cutie pie with her big ears and pointy little mouse nose. We love her."


Love happy endings!

Have a great day!

Image result for quotes on coping with life

1 comment: