Friday, March 20, 2020

TGIF



Happy Friday!  I am SO thankful for this day.  Its been a really rough week.  Who would ever think to complain about having to work from home?  Well, I am totally out of my normal routine, and it's not a piece of cake either.  I am REALLY working every minute of those eight hours.  At least I could get up at my workplace and grab a cup of coffee, or go say 'hey' to a colleague.  I've got no one.  And it's just not fun being on the phone as it is to actually LOOK at someone.  And they say this could last for weeks?  Ugh. 

My Brat DAISY
OK, Cats.  Lets get back to cats.  So Misty is still in a room at Foster Max's house.  She is very lovey, but he hasn't let her come face to face with his Dalmation dog Ollie.  Not sure why -- my stance on that is to just let them have at it.  Get it over with.  Rip that band-aid off.  Another issue:  The gentleman that adopted Lily and Rory - he wants to return them.  They have not come out of their shell.  They've been moved from room to room since they arrived there two months ago, and still hide when this guy enters the room.  He wanted a companion that would be there for him when he was around.  He wanted an independent cat to roam this vast summer lodge of his - actually a gorgeous place.  So, I am contemplating switching Misty for Rory and Lily.  Foster Sue has been kind enough to offer to take them back.  And then she will continue her awesome work on resocializing them after they've been so scared for two months now. 


LILY and RORY
I still have that salt and pepper cat I want to remove from Central Park and Fourth Street.  He's a really good boy, but the problem is, he is not neutered, and the clinic is now closed indefinitely.  And the cost at a regular vet is three times the rate that the clinic would charge.  Its just not feasible right now financially for me to pay this.  Donations of cash have slowed right down.  I do, however, appreciate those that send food to Mileage Master to be split amongst myself and another rescue person.  And the occasional drop offs at my house.  Thank you so much, its very much appreciated.

So, thank you to those of you who still support me and my quest to save them all. 

Have a great day!

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure.  I make mistakes, I am out of control, and, at times, hard to handle.  But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

2 comments:

  1. Cat parents need a lot of patience. My cat Summer is still getting comfortable. She is finally coming around more and more. She hopes up on my husband and my lap but not all the time. We have had Summer for SEVERAL months. Hang in there pet parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine,

    Have you tried Lollypop Farm to see if they are still doing Spay/Neuters?. They have to be a lot cheaper than a Vet's office.

    ReplyDelete