Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Blast from 2011

April 27, 2011









































(CLICK ON THE PIC TO MAKE LARGER) I had the camera out this morning. Took pics of my usual suspects - all beauties, all waiting for vetting, and eventual adoption! I just need the funds! Yesterday we received torrential rains (again), it just seems never-ending here in Rochester this spring. So this morning I changed a lot of soggy towels. Nothing out of the usual happened this morning - the days are getting longer, it's lighter out earlier, which means I am hitting the road around 5:15 a.m. now, but it should be 5:00 a.m. - the darkness is my friend! :) I forgot to mention, this past weekend, Saturday morning, it was absolutely pouring out. But off I went! (smiley face - ha!). Anyways, there was a man at one of my spots on the road next to his truck that had a large container with him, he shouted to me that he needed a gas can. Well, trusting Janine, and cautious Janine (and crazy Janine!), told him I would get him gas but it wouldn't be for a while until I finished up my route. He handed me $10 - I was shocked. I knew this was a genuine need. It was pouring and pouring out. I did the rest of my spots, drove home, got my gas can, filled it up with 2 gallons ($7.47), returned half an hour later - still pouring - and I have never seen someone as grateful as this man was. He thanked me over and over, I handed him his change - he told me to keep it, I said "No, just be kind to the animals!", he assured me he would, and leaned toward me, kissed my face and told me he loved me! I think I renewed his hope that there truly are decent people in the world! And all that in the dark, at 6 am.!

I am leaving for Colorado tomorrow morning, for a mini-vacation and will have no access to computers. My sweet Heather will be feeding our outdoor babies, and I thank her once again for her fearlessness. 

I leave my blog for the remainder of the week with this quote:


"I am the voice of the voiceless;
Through me the dumb shall speak,
Till the deaf world's ears be made to hear
the wrongs of the wordless weak.
And I am my brother's keeper,
And I will fight his fight;
And speak the word for beast and bird
Till the world shall set things right."


Lovely! XO


1 comment:

  1. Cant do THAT anymore.
    Cute past post !
    How many stops did your route have back then ?

    ReplyDelete