Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Boo!

It was Halloween yesterday, and all the ghouls and goblins were out in full force. In my neighborhood at least.   Oddly, it was very quiet this morning on my rounds after the mischievous night.  At one spot, there are usually eight kitties waiting for me, and this morning, there were none.  Odd.  I would have to say at least once a month I pick up a dead animal from the road and move it over to the grass.  I guess this photo is appros pos for Halloween.  I don't know what got into me to take this.  Sorry for the graphics.  

On a better note, this is a picture of one of my latest captives, Oreo.  She is a good girl, very shy, but a nice kitty.  She loves to have her belly scratched.  She was picked up for the corner where Miss B. used to live.  There is still one more kitten left there, the rest are a bit older.  The kitten left there is about 5 mos., and is unneutered, so I must rescue her ASAP, but cannot do until I can get both Oreo, and Rufus (picture to come when I can get it!) either adopted or fostered.  Both great kitties.  I hope you or someone you know might want to think about fostering Oreo.  I can then continue to save the kitties!!! 

I saw this and thought it would be a good reminder to post here:  Its so true.


The Ten Commandments

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years.
Any separation from you will be painful for me.
Remember that before you adopt or buy me.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me ... it's crucial for my well being.
4. Don't be angry at me for long, and don't lock me up as a punishment.
You have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I have only you.
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words,
I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.
6. Be aware of how you treat me. Would you want to be treated the same way?
7. Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could crush
the bones of your hands, but I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being 'uncooperative', 'obstinate' or 'lazy',
ask yourself if something might be bothering me.
Perhaps I'm not feeling well or not getting the right food,
or I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting old and weak.
9. Take care of me when I grow old: you too, will grow old.
10. Go with me on a difficult journey. Never say "I can't bear to watch it",
or "Let it happen in my absence". Everything is easier when you are there.




No comments:

Post a Comment