Thursday, October 13, 2022

Kittens, Kittens and More Kittens!

 


And another.  So this past Monday, I received a call from a former adopter, an Irondequoit police officer, who told me she received a call from Wegmans employees where someone drove there to shop and had a kitten in the engine of their car.  Passersby heard the cries of this little kitten.  (above - and now named Oatmeal) They managed to get it out when my cop friend arrived and she called me because Animal Control was not responding.  Well, needless to say, I already had THREE kittens that looked nearly identical.  First was Oreo, who I posted in the last post, who was found in a rainstorm in a couple's driveway in Chili.  Well, less than a week later, two more siblings were found in their backyard.  All were brought to me, and shame on me, I have not gotten Chip and Graham's picture.  Here again, is Oreo: 

Chip is nearly identical to Oreo, and Graham is identical except has a mostly black face.  I promise to get some pics this week and post them next week.  These kittens were all dehydrated, very thin, and scared.  But they are playing now, and very lucky to be here!  

Now everyone knows (or maybe they don't), I am not a huge fan of kittens.  They are totally adorable, but they are messy.  I am glad for adopters, but for me to foster them, is not what I love to do.  They are just plain messy.  But I have four right now and will need to deal with it.

We also have these three remaining - Rosemary, Basil, and Nutmeg.  We are trying to adopt out in pairs, although obviously, one will have to go alone if they have another cat - which is OK.




Milo and Mika (Hank and Purcilla) who are being fostered by Kristin's mom have been adopted.  They will be at their new home this Sunday!  And Sage and Pepper, the siblings of the three above, will be going to their new home on Saturday.  So happy!

I was contacted yesterday by a woman (I try not to answer unknown calls because it's always bad news), who needed to rehome her two cats.   She lives in Geneva and needs to be out of her apartment by Monday.  She herself has nowhere to go and said that most renters won't return her call, and now a few did but there is so much red tape she doesn't know what she will do until approved.  I told her to move to Rochester because there are many places she could rent and have her cats too.  But she said it wasn't possible.  She didn't have a family except for a sister who is invalid and had four cats of her own.  Sad.  She told me her red tabby was shy and she would have to trap him.  Her other is a sweet 6-month-old and she said is very loving and cuddly.  She told me her only two options were that she would have to put them out on the street, or keep them in the apartment that will be fumigated and they will die.  I just felt so bad.  The only thing I could do is advise her to trap the red kitty and bring both to Lollipop.  I know it's not ideal, but if she has NO other options, it's the most humane thing to do.  Here are the pictures she sent me (Click on pics to see up close).  If anyone is able to help them, please let me know.



In the meantime, there are SO many sweet cats on the streets I want to find homes for.  I just NEED MORE FOSTERS!  Please open up a room in your home.  It won't take much effort.  They just need food and water, and a little love.  You are literally saving a life.

Have a great day.


2 comments:

  1. pg joker ศูนย์รวมค่ายเกมสล็อต คาสิโนที่ดินพวกเราคัดสรรค์มาให้ท่านแล้วที่นี้ พีจี มากไปกว่านั้นเป็น 1 ยูสสามารถเข้าเล่นได้ทุกค่ายในเว็บไซต์ไม่จำกัดพร้อมแอดไม่นดูแลตลอดๆ

    ReplyDelete
  2. สล็อต pg เว็บ ตรง สมัคร PGSLOT เว็บไซต์ตรง โบนัสฟรี 100% แจกเครดิตฟรีสล็อตทุกเกมรองรับการใช้แรงงานภาษาไทย PG สล็อต ธีมเกมสดใหม่ เล่นบันเทิงใจภาพงามโบนัสมากฝาก-ถอน รวดเร็ว

    ReplyDelete