Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder!

 This is a long time coming.  I have not written in close to two months!  That is a big change; I used to do this daily, on weekdays.  Every day…  Since 2014.   There was so much to write about, so many changes happening in establishing what is now 19 locations where I have cat shelters, (1 of those has no shelters – I feed those poor animals under a tree because of the cruel man that lives in the house next to the vacant city lot).

In two months, we have rescued nearly 20 cats.  That includes 12 kittens (1 deceased), and 4? adults (rescuing one from the street tomorrow – mattress kitty).

This summer I lost a ‘shelter’ home that housed five adult cats on the corner of 4th Street and Central Park – a church parking lot.  Someone removed all five beautiful shelters that Sheryl had handcrafted and made into homes for these cats.  I am just grateful it happened in the warmer months.  My friend Esther was able to speak to the people that live next door to this parking lot where the shelters were, and they said we could place shelters on the vacant lot in between.  I pray these stay put because these cats are in such need of a place to lay their head this season.

My needs are shelters shelters shelters.  This person destroyed FIVE of my shelters.  I have managed to replace two of them.  I need tarps – camouflage and brown – these need to blend into the weeds.  I need paper plates.  The first stop on Parsells, where the man throws out the food EVERY DAY – I place three plates every morning, and a bowl for water.  3x365 is a lot of plates to go through.  I need canned food and dry food.  I am spending $100 every time I go out, just in food.  My donation pot is dwindling.  I can’t continue this forever.  Not to mention, I am now paying people $40 each time for their help.  No one wants to do it for free.  The few I have to volunteer can’t do it every day – Esther and Sheryl.  So now I am paying for help.  That’s another $120 per week.   I need boards.  3x4 ft. boards that would act as doors to the shelters.    I’ve even had people in the past take a large-sized Chewy box, wrap it in plastic, and I’ve used those as boards very successfully.  They really do work!

I also have received on average an email or phone call a week with people asking me to help trap or take feral kittens or cats from their neighborhoods.  I can't tell you how much my heart breaks either by not answering them, or calling them but telling them I can't help them (but offering to guide them).  I am on some list that vets and lollypop are giving out to people.  So sad.

I will attach a few pictures of the kitties we have rescued over the past few months.  All of them are adorable, and some still need a home.  Please consider foster and adoption!  And Spay Spay Spay!  Neuter Neuter neuter!
















 Have a great day~!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment