Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Let it Snow

 

So lets talk about the weather.  Two weeks ago Monday, we had a snowfall of over a foot of snow.  It was heavy hard snow.  I am thankful for Esther’s help with shoveling and feeding the cats huddled inside their shelters.  The plows made a mess of things, and I wasn’t able to actually get to a few of the shelters for fear my truck would get stuck.  I went out the next day and placed plates of food here and there where I could at the spots I couldn’t get to.  Finally, plows came, sidewalks were barely passable, and the cats came out to eat a bit of food in zero degree weather.  Yep, its been a tough few weeks. 

As if its not bad enough knowing those cats are fighting literally for their lives out there, having found three frozen cats this year at my shelters, and one of the red cats at my Pennsylvania shelters has been missing since the day before that Monday…  I know people mean well --- we all like to complain about the cold and the snow.  And now we have another bout of the same thing as two weeks ago coming tomorrow and all I have heard is ‘horrible’ storm coming.  My mother is also telling me this.  I think to myself, we humans can handle this… its WINTER after all!  We can bundle up, shovel our way out, go inside where its nice and warm….  But the cats can’t.  So stop complaining and say a prayer for the cats before you complain about how miserable it is outside for you. 

I hope I didn’t offend anyone here, I am simply trying to find the good in all this, and still firmly believe that spring is just around the corner and we all have to hang on.  I guess that is my rant for the season.

Speaking of --- I need help.  Does anyone know anyone that would be willing to go out at 5 am. and help me shovel?  Willing to pay up to $60 for two hours work.   Please think about it and spread the word.   Its actually fun, and rewarding.

A former adopter also made up this sign for me and is posting at her workplace at RIT.  I’ve been trying to hire help now for months.  Please spread the word here too.  Thanks for your help and have a great day!



1 comment:

  1. Janine, Thank you for everything you do to help the homeless kitties who are trying to survive the Cold Snowy days this Winter. Be Safe out there and Love the Poster 💙🐾💜

    ReplyDelete