Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Cheers!

Wild weekend.  Saturday Sheryl and I ventured out at 4:30 am. to feed a gazillion cats, as we always do on Saturdays together, and just as we finished out first stop on Parsells Avenue, down the middle of the road comes running a pit bull.  Wagging its tail heading  straight for us.  I immediately called for it, put some cat food down as Sheryl looked around for a person looking for its dog.  The dog had a red harness on it and I could see it was a girl, and it wasn't being bred like a lot of pits in these areas are used for.  I called 911 and the dispatch said if I could get it home and keep it, I could call back at 7 am. when animal control begins their day.  So we got the cute little thing into the back of the truck and brought it to my porch.  And then we continued on our run.



On the last leg of our journey, I spotted a black spot in the middle of a parking lot on 4th and Central - I had known there were kittens here, and black and white adult cat or two as I had been feeding on the side of the road - and we went to investigate. I thought it was just a black garbage bag or something, but lo and behold, turns out it was a baby black kitten, not moving.  I told Sheryl to scoop it up while I grabbed the carrier in the back, and we quickly placed the little thing into it and finished up our rounds, called 911 about the dog again, and drove home.


Thank God the dog hadn't destroyed anything on the porch.  I discovered it was a girl, and was very sweet, but very strong as I got a spare leash I have laying around to take it outside for a pee.  Within half an hour animal control arrived.  I warned the guy that she would lick him to death. She was THAT friendly.

Talk about mornings!  The kitten turned out to be very lethargic, and I wound up syringe feeding it with KMR and pate mixed together.  Turned out to be a he, and I named him Titos temporarily.  My fav.  :)  I made an appointment for Monday at the vet, yesterday, and they gave him fluids, an appetite stimulant, deworming, defleaing and the exam all to the tune of $173.  And people balk at the adoption fee of $150.  Go figure.  This is why I depend on donations.  I could NEVER do this on my own.  I am still unemployed at the moment to boot.  Titos is now playing, eating like mad, and alert!  Sweet little boy will be on the market for adoption within days!

On another note, Ringo, Starr, Mick and Freddie went to their new home... TOGETHER!  Yes, a crazy but wonderful family adopted all four.  I couldn't be happier.

That's all I have for now folks.  Have a GREAT day!




3 comments:

  1. Wow that’s a crazy day, yet not atypical for you. Thank you, and keep us updated

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every week, I facilitate 6500 to 7500 euros, doing simple tasks. Last month, I made € 22536 with this job. The incredible and easy work and the regular income are incredible..pL6 .. I suggested to everyone to join this job now as part time and get more than full time income by following this site .......... Earned.cash.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Google pay me $80 to $90 each hour for internet working from home.i have made $15K on this month on line do business from home.i'm a ordinary understudy and that i paintings 2 to 5 hours in keeping with day in my greater time efficiently from home..every body can perform this interest and win extra dollars on-line in low renovation via truly take after this connection and take after subtle factors.......... Read mOre

    ReplyDelete