Monday, August 3, 2020

Monday!

A lot has happened since I last wrote last week.  So much.  Last Tuesday, I was asked to help hand out fliers on Grand Avenue in the city, near some of the shelters I have set up in the surrounding areas there, by a very kind and compassionate black woman that lives a block away.  She feeds cats in her back yard to many strays in the early morning hours - and very carefully as she says as there are a lot of people there that would like to harm the animals.  She asked me to join her to pass out fliers for the reward and information leading to the arrest of people that stuck firecrackers in the butt of a cat that lived on that street earlier that week.  I believe Hearthside Cats came and took the cat, that was found on the porch of a house near Culver Road, on Grand, that was found injured.  The cat was euthanized.  There is now more than $3000 waiting for someone to snitch on their friend that did this heinous act.  I helped her pass fliers as we walked down Grand Avenue, while the City of Rochester police department had an event where they would talk to the kids on the block about what they could be doing during this pandemic.

Angela asked me to go to this house a block away from my  car to meet this woman that had many cats outside her house, and come to find out she had a momma and six newborns the day before in her closet.  The woman, a black woman named  Lisa, a very kind woman who had food outside her little rented place on Grand for the cats and kittens.  As I walked up, I saw two baby kittens lying there in the 90 degree heat.  I slowly and quietly walked up to them the second I saw them and scruffed thier litttle 7 week old necks, and walked them back to my car a block away.  I then drove back to the house and met this woman Lisa, and she showed me the mother and kittens in her closet.  Apparently there are many more kittens and cats that need TNR and rescue, but I can't do it.  I just can't do it.  I am a one woman band.  Luckily, a girl that was heading the task force for the abused cat was there, and offered to foster the two kittens I had rescued, who are now named Billy and Bobby.  The sweetest little flea bags ever.  I bathed them and applied Advantage to them, and bought them bell collars, and they are now up on my website for adoption.  Take a look.


BILLY 

BOBBY

There are more at this site but I just can't do it.  Its too much with all I have on my plate.

I also received an email from a woman that runs the Teen Empowerment group in this area, who was kind enough to allow me to add shelters to Grand Avenue and Baldwin many years ago who told me the land, owned by a church, was being sold to a neighbor there.  The neighbor wants the shelters gone this year.  I was told that I could move them to the other side of the neighbor's in a vacant lot. The shelters there were built by students at a city school as a project many years ago. They weigh several hundred pounds.  They are great shelters.  I need help moving them.  I can't do it by myself.  I am waiting to respond to Jennifer until I can figure out a plan.

That's all I have for now. There is just too much.

Have a great day!

Quotes about Being Overwhelmed
 

9 comments:

  1. I really wish you didn't feel the need to qualify the race of the people you deal with. It shouldn't matter if the person is white black or purple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you have issues with Janine giving credit to the kind and compassionate black folks she deals with!

      Last I checked it is Janine's blog and she can recognize peoples kindness anyway she wants. Instead of trying to imply she is wrong by injecting a persons race why don't you do something constructive.

      For instance make a monetary donation to Janine's 501c3,.

      Volunteer your time to her great organization.

      Donate some much needed food to these starving and neglected felines.


      Whatever you decide to do I implore you not to infer that Janine(Cat Angel) is doing something wrong by giving people credit for their actions by including their race which is her prerogative.

      Janine is an Outstanding, Compassionate and Giving human being and don't you dare try to infer otherwise.

      P.S. Use your name so people know who you are in the future!



      Respectfully submitted,
      Walt

      Delete
  2. Yeah, ok Ms anonymous
    - Laurie Cuminale

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all I don't have a Google account so I have to post as anonymous and I don't choose to get a Google account. As for my comment, it was in no way disparaging to the work Janine does. And for your information White Walt I have done all of the things that you have suggested and more. However when you say someone is a kind and compassionate black woman you are qualifying their race. If you want to give them a compliment you simply say kind and compassionate woman. There is a huge difference and I hope know that it is pointed out I am sure Janine will think twice about it. Yours respectfully Suzanne L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne L.

      You may have wrongfully assumed Walt is White! Did that cross your mind at all? On what evidence did you base
      this assertion? Furthermore, you condemn Janine for race qualifying when you yourself did just that when referring to Walt as "White Walt".
      Lastly NOW is spelled NOW not know as you spelled it.

      Last I knew this was Janine's blog and if she desires to recognize a kind and compassionate Black woman for a good deed so be it.

      Keep up your Excellent work Cat Angel! Please continue to recognize all your supporters especially by race if you so desire because it would be wrong if people assumed only White folk were helping you!

      Delete
  4. I totally support Suzanne's comments. She wasn't stating anything negative about Janine - simply pointing out that we are ALL human beings and don't need 'white' or 'black' pointed out. The Black Lives Matter states this and I support it also. It's one small way to getting where we need to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FYI I know Walt from Janine's functions so I wasn't making an assumption. You obviously just missed the point of the statement. I hope I spelled everything correctly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is not a forum for racial politics. This is a forum for helping cats. I suggest both of you, Walt an anonymous, find a different outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops! Misspelled 'and' as 'an.'
    Ha! Get over it.😻

    ReplyDelete