Monday, April 22, 2013

My Little Paddy



Well, I was offered a chance to show my little ones at Petco on Saturday, thanks to Julie of Another Chance Pet Rescue http://www.anotherchancepetrescue.org/, due to a shortage of kitties right now because they are awaiting hundreds of kittens to reach the adoptable age.  They've had so many pregnant kitties the past couple of months, and the babes are still too young to be adopted.  Of course they have many gorgeous, wonderful older kitties waiting for homes, they had a couple of cages available at their weekly adoption event, and I brought in Daisy and Paddy.  I got a call a few hours after dropping them off (I had a hair appointment and couldn't stick around) that there was a woman there holding Paddy and asking about him.  I rushed back there and met her and she seems like a very sweet kind woman.  We spoke for a while, I told her all about him, and she said she would like to adopt him!  I was sad at first, but then realized that as much as I've fallen in love with Paddy, I must give him up so that I can continue to rescue others.  I spent the last night with him that night and brought him over to her house on Sunday afternoon.  I walked in and she had an immaculate, beautiful home, probably built in the late 80s, something I would love because of the newness, and ranch style, and a very large, immaculate, dry and clean one roomed basement.  Certainly not the track she was on, the houses are just too close for my comfort.  My one salvation for where I live now is that I am on a corner lot.  And across from me is a large grassy park next to a church, where they have their church picnics once or twice a year.   Anyways, Paddy was scared, and so was Lillian, the sweet older lady that adopted him.   I will be calling her after work today to see how things went.  Life is different for all of us.  I was leaving Paddy with a woman who would not allow him to sleep with her, and she didn't have any other cats for companionship for him, so I was a little concerned how he would be, but I have to remember that cats adapt, especially when young, and had to have faith that she would love him like I did. 

Fluffy kitten on Seventh Street

I have an appointment for the pregnant kitty on Sixth to be spayed on Wednesday, if I can trap her.  Habitat for Cats were kind enough to get me a spot at their Wednesday clinic right away due to her condition.  Say prayers I can get her.  How terrible will it be if she goes off and has those kittens on her own, in the wild, in the cruel elements of the city of Rochester.

I tried to take photos this morning of some of the very sweet kitties that are still out there, but I have had some really bad luck with my crappy camera, and need to start rethinking this.  I do like to document what I see out there, but have not had good luck, especially with my rotten Kodak camera.  If anyone has an old, yet reliable camera laying around, I'll take it!  :) 

" The world is full of people looking for spectacular happiness while they snub contentment."


3 comments:

  1. Nice update Janine, we love the photos so hope we can continue to get them. Paddy has lovely markings, and most anything is better than the streets, all of us want a good outcome for him and Lillian also another person who is aware of what you do, thru Petco ! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that she is giving Paddy a chance! Maybe if it goes well she's take Daisy, too, for company...

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, that's so great about paddy, I hope they get along (and maybe she will let him sleep with her someday :)

    ReplyDelete