Friday, June 24, 2011

Maternity Ward

It is out there!
Except there are no nurses caring for the expectant mothers and the babies. I discovered two pregnant cats out there this morning. Today was the second day in a row I've seen her, and sne comes running to me, but is still a bit shy. I put down food and water for her beside the road. She is a very pretty YOUNG long haired calico, with white as the predominant color. Just specks of other colors. The other is a pretty grey and reddish color. She is semi-feral, you can tell, but is there every morning waiting for her food. I tried to trap the kittens this morning, again, but no luck. I place the trap down before I go on my rounds in that area and swing by every couple of stops, but they are not falling for it. They've got to be hungry, although someone placed food there a few days ago, so I am wondering who else knows about them, and feels some compassion for them. Turns out the male cat I trapped a few days ago is NOT positive for leukemia, so the plan is to get him neutered and then return him to the area, which is such a tragedy, as this cat is friendly, and wants a home. Everyone has run out of room that I know. I hope someone reading this might want to offer their home to foster this kitty. Just so much going on out there, but on the brighter side, there have been many pregnant females rescued these past few months, and thats a lot of kittens/cats that are NOT on the streets being re/impregnated. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment