Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Rocky Raccoon




As I mentioned in an earlier post this week, I have been stopping each morning to see if the cat that was starving on Fourth Street near Garson Avenue was around - I brought my trap this morning, but no bites. I took the trap over to the corners of Central and Goodman, where Blackie and Smokey reside. Blackie is the youngster that greets me daily with requests for a rub and scratch. Smokey has kept his distance from me for years now, but still keeps his distance. This feeding spot is one of my worst. Not only is it on the corner of a very busy intersection, but any shelters I have placed there have been damaged, trashed or destroyed. There is nothing sheltering these creatures there. Smokey will not fall for the trap, I have tried many times. Lately, there are at least two more cats there, one is a very very friendly, desperate sort of gray and white kitty, and very friendly. This is not a good spot for cats like this. They are desperate, and you can tell are pure strays. Someone dumped him. Well, I set the trap, drove off, came back and he was in there. I feel so terrible about this one, but I am glad I have him off this very busy and dangerous area. I pray someone has the decency to adopt him, and quick. They are put to sleep after five days at Verona Street. The pictures attached are of a frequent diner hanging around lately on my porch steps! I leave a bowl out for the neighborhood cats, and this guy has been hogging their food!

No comments:

Post a Comment