Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blah

Uneventful morning... keeping in mind the upcoming rain we are supposed to get today, I had to place a few boards here and there to shelter the food from getting soggy. I did not see pregnant mama kitty on Central Park and Second, where she has been coming to eat when I get there. I even brought a carrier with me in hope of grabbing her. No sight of her. I feel terrible. I feel as if she has now had these kittens somewhere around there but I can't see them. Its a bad spot, really, in between houses - an empty lot, but there is a fence behind where I feed, so I can't really go past that to look. I was going to take a picture but forgot to. I will try tomorrow. A kitten let me touch its neck as it leaned down to hungrily gobble up the wet food I put down in front of it. Thats a first, usually he and the other two kittens steer clear of me. He reminds me of Sylvester the cat in the old cartoon. He is very fluffy too. Really really pretty black and white. Only about two months old I would say. On Hebard Street, the mama cat is definitely pregnant, but not as advanced as the Central Park one is. She just won't be trapped. I don't know what to do about that. I picked up one of her dead babies off the street, one was rescued (Little Orphan Annie) by Gina, and the other was brought to the shelter. I thought I had them all. Now she will give birth to a new litter. It just never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment