Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Tuesday Trials

 


Its been a while.  Life is busy.  A week ago this past Saturday, I was able to rescue ‘Gabi’, the black and white kitty that ‘gabs’ a lot, each time I pulled up to this boarded up house on Central and 7th.  He was due for rescue.  Just a sweet boy, and come to find out already neutered.  I was only able to make this happen thanks to a woman named Deb, who offered to come get him, keep him, and get him to the vet sometime that week.  It was also due to the fact that Kristin offered up her mom to foster after the vet visit.  Deb would be delivering Gabi and Kristin would bring him to Sue’s house.  He was brought to the vet last Friday, clean bill of health, and is up for adoption to the right person.  He is a very sweet cat.




Yesterday I picked up the SEVEN kittens from Sue’s house to bring for a check up and deworming at the vet.  Sue asked me to keep them after that, and I agreed, reluctantly.  I am so sick of kittens, as adorable as they are, they are so much work.  And Sue --- I don’t know how she has done it over the years for me.  She is a true angel on this earth.  I completely understand her ‘kitten burnout’.  They are messy little things, and I am not much for messes.  But thankfully, they are all adopted, and will be going to their new homes.  Sheryl will have one left out of the three she has fostered for me, one going to its new home tomorrow, the other was delivered last week to its new home.  Hopefully he will not be too lonely without his siblings, and gets adopted quickly.  They are all totally adorable and in all honesty, I am enjoying them (knowing they won't be with me next week!)  Pics above of some of them.

This is mom Felicity, that is also up for adoption.  She is the SWEETEST!



I am not sure if I mentioned this, but there is a man on Parsells, who lives in Lisa’s old apartment (remember Crazy Lisa?), who keeps throwing away the food I leave under the tree next door to the CITY LOT near the curb for the 8+ cats that have been left ‘double homeless’ due to the people a few houses down that placed their huts to the curb for trash a month or two prior.  When we went to rebuild the huts on the CITY OWNED property, the man trashed them, and put the huts down a few houses down for trash day on Wednesday, which I spotted and was able to take before the trash collectors came along.  Let’s call the #@$@% “sneaky Pete’.  JERK.  Luckily the weather has been mild enough that I am not too worried about the cats yet, but I must find an alternative.   I just can’t understand how mean people can be when it comes to animals suffering right under their nose.  Not even leave a bowl of water.  I am grateful I’ve had a large supply thanks to donations years ago, of paper plates and bowls.  The guy even put a note on the tree weeks ago, not to feed the cats.  I’ll be damned before I allow a cat to starve.  So they get to eat between 5 am., when I leave the food, until the $@%@#$ wakes up, goes out and throws it all away.  Mean Mean Mean.  Just let him confront me some morning.  I have every right to feed them on this CITY OWNED property.

I need adult fosters!  You will never know gratitude once you foster an adult cat, and see them change from scrawny and frightened, to a sleek and loving cat.  Try it!  All you need is a room, and patience and love.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment