Monday, October 8, 2018

I HATE TNR (but it must be done!)

Man, what a bad weekend, and what a bad start to the Monday.  First off, today, I had three spots for TNR (trap neuter return to the streets!) set up for me at Rochester Community Animal Clinic on Bay Street so I went out setting three traps, mainly on Parsells and Melville, where there are SO many cats, and a few injured and sick ones too.  I set the first one at Parsells #1 and off I went to Parsells #2 where this JERK that owns the property (LANDLORD) won't let me feed there, and this time, he discovered that I was hiding shelters and food under the lattice in the front of the house, and he took the shelters and boarded up the lattice.  I WANT MY SHELTERS BACK.  I am going to have to keep trying to go over there when he is around to talk to him.  Someone was trying, on my behalf, a while back, to talk to him and hope that he would allow me to feed in the back of his property, but it obviously didn't work out.  Those poor animals.  I set a trap there, and went to set the third trap at Melville, hoping to trap a very sick old red cat that splits his time between Parsells #2 and Melville Street, two properties practically back to back of each other.  He wasn't flying for it because when I went to check on Parsells #2, there was sick red, who came all the way over after I set the trap in front of him on Melville.  Inside the trap was this pretty black and white kitty.



Checking on Parsells #1, there was this BABY calico kitten, that looks pregnant.  Trust me, its a kitten.  It doesn't look like it from this picture.





I went back to Melville and picked up the trap there, as no cats were falling for it there.  There is an injured tuxie there, but won't let me get near it.

I fed at Webster and Ferndale, and lo and behold, out ran a 5-6 week old kitten from the shelter.  This mother cat, has had at least two litters now that I know of.  I need someone with a drop trap to help me.  PLEASE.  Kitten ran. A little black and white.  I had a skunk inside the shelter across from it. 

I set the third trap on Central - at a church on the corner of 4th and Central where I am feeding two young cats, and a very sweet older cat - where some 'Christian' removes the food and water every single day after I am gone.  I am glad these cats are able to at least gulp their only meal of the day while I am there, until this person shows up.  I went back to check on this trap here, and inside was the old friendly sweet kitty.  I have no idea if its fixed, but I knew it at least needed its ear tipped, and deworming, which I am asking for all three.  God knows what these poor animals have crawling around inside them from eating the filth and garbage to stay alive on the streets.



Moo Moo was adopted on Saturday, so that was a good thing.  A very sweet kind lady from Corning came to get her. It was not a smooth transition for Moo Moo and this lady's kitties, but its working itself out, as I get updates.  Her name was changed to Bede, and I will get the story on her name soon!.

On Saturday morning, while doing my rounds with my faithful (every) Saturday Sheryl (its been four years now!) we were pouring food on 3rd and Central, and we we heard a pathetic meowing under our feet.  I turned on my flashlight, and it was a very emaciated kitty.  It looked near death.  I immediately went and got my carrier, and placed it in there.  I would normally have brought kitty to emergency and left it there as a Good Samaritan - for a variety of reasons - which I will get into in another post, so please do not judge.  But Sheryl looked at him and thought, lets just see whats wrong.  So she took the cat to her house until we could get kitty into a less expensive emergency vet - where Sheryl could feed and monitor until then, and we did on Sunday.  Kitty had worms, negative for disease, and was very starving.  Kitty received fluids, and Sheryl named him Chance, and she will keep him for as long as we have to.  Thanks Sheryl, once again. 

On Sunday morning I discovered my basement was flooded.  Water everywhere.  What a disaster.  So much for a nice relaxing morning.  I was frantic, and at this moment, it is still not fixed.  I called the Town and they are sending someone over, for free!  Thank God.

Not all was hopeless though.  I received a surprise on Saturday.  A delivery of the largest fruit basket from Edible Arrangements, with lots of chocolate covered stuff.  YUM.  And all the card read was "you are appreciated."  How very very kind of whoever did that.  Thank you so much - I wish you would reveal yourself though.  I hate surprises!  :) 

I also received an update in Frankie, the first of the Woodpile kittens to be adopted, and here he is with big sister LuLu, who was adopted a year ago from me.  What do you think?  Has the bonding process begun?  :)



That's it in a nutshell.  If anyone can take in this kitten, or this old girl, and provide them a home, I won't have to release back to this mean street tomorrow.  If anyone is so inclined to help towards the spay and neuters for today, the clinic number is 585.288.0600.

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment