Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I Can't Get No... Satisfaction

I can't get nooo -- satisfaction, but I try, and I try, and I try, and I TRYYYYY  sorry, I got carried away singing to the tune of the Stones...  love that Mick!

I was thinking about things this morning.  Someone left me a three small bags of cat food on my porch overnight last night.  I don't know who, but hopefully they will reveal themselves so that I can let them know how grateful I am for their kind gift to the kitties.  Someone also sent me a note with a monetary donation in the mail yesterday, which also brought me to near tears.  Such selfless acts - to want to help the animals I feed in any way they can.  It really makes me emotional when I get these few and far between gestures.  My eyes are not going to see my computer very well today because when I tear up, my contacts get all oogley.  So enough of my emotions!  But back to the subject, for someone who doesn't make much money, devotes her paycheck, after paying bills to helping animals, and really does live paycheck to paycheck, and most of the time does not get a break with food, donations are just so appreciated.

I saw most of the normal kitties out there this morning.  The first spot I am resorting back to feeding under a tree next to the road.  I had four food bowls down, with five kitties.  One had to wait.  I have only so much food to bring withe me in the morning, and have to ration, so I felt bad for #5 but what could I do?  I can't ever be in a position where I run out of food at #13 spot.  And its happened pretty much.  Didn't have much to leave at that point. Also, at each of my spots, there is on average one cat that will come up to me for a pat.  So, right there, thats 13 cats that could be adoptable easily, if only given the chance.  I am hearing sneezing from a few, if only I could treat those. 

On another funny note, I was at Wegmans last weekend and pulling up the checkout kid, with my six 16-lb bags of Dad's dry food, one 16-lb bag of Purina Indoor formula -for my own cats, two 24 -pk canned BuJu and Ziggy for the homeless kitties, one 40-lb box of litter -for my own cats, me and the kid struck up a conversation that started with cats!  Well, he thought I had told him I feed homeless KIDS and had started to tell me he had a few friends out on the street and that they were probably very grateful for me.  That was kind of comical.  He didn't have a clue that there were CATS on the street that didn't have a home.  These cushy kids from the burbs...  ah, bless them.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment