Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Just SO Many!

First, let's start with little Lucy.  Lucy came through with flying colors for her surgery, and she now has three legs.  It was her back leg that was amputated, and you wouldn’t believe – her foster mom updated yesterday:  “Lucy is no longer keeping her cones on.  We put them on and she has them off in 5 minutes!  She seems to be good with not licking so we are letting her be.  She has started to jump onto a small cat tree to be able to lay in the sun.  She loves to be held like a baby and purrs like crazy.  She is anxious to get out of the room!  She is making leaps and bounds with starting and trying new things.  She is doing so much good!”  Lucy goes into the hospital to have her many stitches removed.  On Saturday, she will be going to her new home with her lovely new parents Karen and Brian who are going to spoil her immensely.  They have renamed her Darling!  What a long way this little kitten has come – from walking up to my foster’s home on Grand Avenue limping, to having her leg amputated, to being spoiled to going to a wonderful new home where she will be treated like a princess.  I can’t thank the donors enough for sending funds to help with the cost of her surgery.  I could not have done it without you.  Lucy will be forever grateful to you.

The two kittens I was fostering, Cloe and Fender, have gone to their new home, and are thriving.  Being music lovers like me, their new parents changed Cloe’s name to Laney and kept Fender.  Great minds think alike.  😊 They are two spoiled kittens.



So one of the spots I feed at is Short Street.  I’ve been feeding Mr. Whiskers and Bell there for way over 7 years or so….   The shelters were once removed by the city, but have been rebuilt a million times.  A year or so ago, we had some newbies show up.  Recently this year, a long-haired black cat has been there at 5 am. each time I go out, every other day, along with a young tabby.  This weekend I noticed that BOTH felt and looked pregnant.  Both are extremely sweet, so I reached out to the clinic for an appointment for TNR.  I haven’t done TNR in a long time because of my knees and not being able to lift much, but this morning, I managed to pick the black cat up and put it in a trap, she was just so friendly.  I will be trying for the second one on Thursday.  You have to bring in the ‘feral’ cats for the TNR program in a trap.  She is EXTREMELY SWEET, and I HATE the fact that she has to go back out after recovery.  I wish I could find someone to keep her for a bit.  I just KNOW she will be adopted soon.  Just a sweetheart.  No babies for her.   Not on my watch. And thank God for Rochester Animal Clinic.  Thank God the Supreme Court hasn’t been messing around with animal rights. Here is her picture.  I hope someone steps up?  She is SOOOOOO Sweet!  I promise I will find her a home ASAP!  I will have her overnight, and then she has to be released.  ☹  PLEASE CONSIDER opening up a room in your home for her!



 PLEASE SPAY AND NEUTER.  I know these kitties were not given that chance before they were kicked out of where they were brought to originally.  They obviously were handled by humans, but in this area, friendly cats are all over the place because of irresponsible humans.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. I wish someone would help her!! ☹️I’m dealing with a little guy I rescued and fostered and then adopted who now has FIP. It is so sad. People don’t realize when they are irresponsible someone else suffers greatly.

    ReplyDelete