Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Whimsical Wednesday

Instead of counting your days, make your days count. ~Author Unknown

This morning was a rough one, for two girl kitties. I successfully placed two new mothers into carriers because Habitat for Cats allowed me two spots at their spay/neuter clinic. I thank God for that! These girls would have babies all over again. I had a large carrier, and a small carrier. I wish I had a second large carrier because it was very hard to squeeze #2 into the little one. I nearly got bit. Its much easier to place a cat into a large carrier as there is room to push without getting bit. I nearly decapitated the one going into the little one. I could use a donation of a large carrier! And thanks to Heather and Valerie, they will be dropped off at the clinic, and picked up this afternoon. I will not go back into these neighborhoods to drop the (very friendly) kitties during the day, so they will have to stay the night in the carriers. I feel so bad about that, but its better than the alternative I guess. I also hope the third baby doesn't miss his mommy too much. Speaking of babies, I have a picture here of one of the kittens I am fostering until they can be spayed and adopted. They are so playful and into so much mischief! This one is snoozing in my plant! I also include two other pictures that my friend Kristin has drawn. What a talent she is. If anyone is interested in a reproduction of any of the drawings I post here, please let me know. The proceeds will all go towards saving animals! By the way, I also am sharing the story of Moonbeam, the picture I posted on Friday: "My sister found Moonbeam near the STD clinic on St. Paul Blvd where she worked as a nurse practitioner. She was about 8 weeks old and walking blindly down the street as both eyes were stuck shut with conjuctivitis. My sister Kim took her home to nurse her back to health but she knew she couldn't keep her. I had recently bought a house that was 150 years old and I said that when I moved in I would adopt Moonbeam. The first night in my new house I heard a chirping sound coming from the living room. I flipped on the light to see my little kitten sitting on top of a bat she had caught and pinned to the floor. She looked at me as if to say "now what do I do?" I scooped the bat up - uninjured - into a tupperware dish and let it go outside. It only took a few hours for little Moonbeam to save her mommy from wild bat - and to secure a place in my heart for her. Moonbeam, to this day is a very shy, timid kitty who hides from everyone and peeks around corners - but who purrs louder than anyone when her mama pets her. She was my hero that summer night 10 years ago and I have tried to be her hero ever since." Kristin



No comments:

Post a Comment