Monday, December 10, 2018

FEED A CAT FOR CHRISTMAS!!! December 10th! BEV W.!!!

Bev Wagner!  Thank you for helping me to feed a cat for Christmas!  I first met Bev at my last fundraiser in November of last year.  Bev, very generously, made many cat beds to contribute towards the raffles we had, and boy did they go like hotcakes.  At first I was loving her last name ...  WAGNER!  :)  Always fun to meet someone with similarities like that.  And then I admired her skills at making these beds.  They were in every color imaginable, with every design imaginable - I kept a few for myself, which my own cats love to lay on.  And recently, Bev attended the fundraiser that Enchanted Rose Garden held for me last Thursday evening.  Bev was there to contribute these stuffed toys with catnip, and also a very extravagant gift basket with lots of stuff in it, including lots of scratch off tickets!  Thank you Bev for what you do to help these poor animals I care for!

I received a comment last week from an Anne Esposito.  Anne, I am so sorry I don't recall a note from you, but would LOVE the shelters, if they are still available.  Please write me at janinethebeanrescue@gmail.com, and we can discuss how I can get them.  Thank you!

Speaking of things I need, I ALWAYS need food - as I go through 40 pounds of dry food a day feeding over 100 cats, and probably 50+ cans of the canned food. Recently I received small Styrofoam containers, but if a cat can't go in and comfortably turn around, its too small.  I can always use the very large rectangular Styrofoam containers.  They are simple shelters to make.  Just spray paint a dark color and cut a hole on the side of it.  Add straw, and BAM!  You have a warm shelter for one of these very cold cats out there.  I also have plenty of paper plates and plastic bowls!  Thank you!



Speaking of cats, poor little Katie was returned.  Apparently Katie, who was adopted out about two weeks ago, was still not getting along with the very friendly male kitty in the house.  So back she went on Saturday to Carol, her foster mom.  I firmly believe that given time, cats will adjust.  But I can't make adopters do what they aren't willing to do.  Her adopter is a wonderful neighbor/friend, but maybe the stress of it all is just not what she needs at this time in her life.

So Katie is available!  And lets recap our adoptables that all need homes!

Sassy SABRINA!





Heavenly HOLLY!

OREO SANDWICH!
Heart-Stopping HERMIE!

Patient PARSLEY!
Is that everyone?  Did I miss anyone?

Spread the word!  They all need permanent love!

Have a great day!



Lord God,

you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power.
You created all things for your glory,
yet there are those in your Creation who languish in pain and suffering.
Please look kindly upon those animals who are in need this day,
whether they are in the wild, on the streets, in captivity, or elsewhere.
Deliver those who are hurt, abused, hungry, and forgotten.
Please grant that they may be treated with the loving care and respect all your Creation deserves,
in the name of Jesus, amen. 




1 comment:

  1. I wish all adopters would understand that these Cats have been through so much in their short lives. Who knows what may have happened to them in their time alone on the streets, how many cats or dogs may have chased them or attacked them. Why do we as people understand if someone is extra cautious in a new relationship because they have been hurt and are scared to trust again, but we expect the cats to get along with everyone in just a few short weeks. As Sabrina's foster I can tell you it has been a very slowwwww go with her, but we are progressing and she will be worth it if someone will allow her the time. Any blended family takes time and work, not just the people kind of family, but the pet kind of family too.

    ReplyDelete