Monday, June 8, 2015

A Raccoon, A Rat, and A Rabbi Walk Into A Bar

Sorry, I tried all weekend to think of a good joke here, but just couldn't.  The only thing I did not see this weekend was a rabbi.  I did, however, see my share of raccoons and rats.  I had to remove a very large rat from my walking path at 7th Street, he was dead, and right in the way.  Gross.  I had a very large bug stuck in my hair this morning.  Gross.  As I have said, what I do is totally gross sometimes, mainly in the spring and summer months, when every creepy crawler is out there.  Waiting for me.  Ready to jump out at me at a moments notice.

All night long it rained, and poured, then rained, and rumbles of thunder and bright streaks of lightening filled the sky.  I got up at my usual 3 am. and prayed that it would stop for me when I had to leave the house at 4:15.  Wouldn't you know it, it did.

Some good news from the weekend is I heard from Barney's new mom and she reports:  Barney is being very good, using the litter box and coming upstairs and being friendly.  Thank GOD for this.  I was so nervous and upset about this situation, that he would be returned.

Wubbles is doing good from what I hear also.  I picked Frisco up from my sister's on Saturday, and he has been spending his time lazing about in the front bedroom.  He is very lonely.  I've put up a wooden open slatted gate in the doorway for him to sniff at the other cats from the other side, but can't leave him like that because cats have a tendency to jump pretty far up, and over it, so I must watch him at all times.  And I don't have a lot of time to watch him, so for a few minutes here and there, he can see the other kitties and get used to them.  I am praying someone comes along soon and adopts, or offers to foster him.  He is a nice boy.  He walked up to me three Sundays ago with a chicken bone lodged in the roof of his mouth, no way to swallow.  He surely would have died.  I am still waiting to see his gratitude though.  He has not warmed up to me the way he did with my sister, but it will come in time.  I think he is leery of me, even though I consider myself the cat whisperer.  :)


I've been feeding this beautiful cat above on my way home each morning now.  If you click on the picture, you can see her a little bit better.  Its hard to get a picture of her.  She get just so close and gets scared, but the whole time I am there she is crying.  She is absolutely beautiful.  I have two spots at the clinic tomorrow, she might be one of them.  I HATE putting her back on the street though.  This really does suck, what I have to do, but it must be done.  I have to just keep putting one foot forward, and forget about my emotions.

Hi George: 


George is the cat in the house that you always seem to trip over.  He is always just RIGHT THERE. 

Don't forget my fundraiser on July 18th.  It should be a lot of fun.  And its for a good cause, if I do say so myself!  Food, music, fun...  LOTS of good raffle items.  Still looking for that second band, but if we don't find it, we will have to resort to my singing.  Just kidding.  Piped in music will be the next choice.  Kristin has revised the flier and I will have a copy to share with you tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone. 

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.”

3 comments:

  1. Trying to find a home for the Orange kitty for,you Janine....no takers , such a bad time of year with many kittens around, any kitty's coming to fund raiser in their carry crates :) ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janine, I will bring a basket for the raffle. Coffee, from my favorite coffee shop - Coffee Connection on South Ave.. Speaking of "Hi Kitty" Yep, sometimes I tell Sawyer that I am afraid I'll step on him. I actually love that he does that, but thankfully he has lots of white fur so I do see him soon enough. He is doing so much better with the claw trim, as I told you. I still have to take him back to the vet for that one booster.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thank God Barney is feeling better and behaving! Was Frisco getting stressed out or overstimulated at your sister's house? I didn't catch why he was acting out. :(

    ReplyDelete