Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Primping and Preening

I came to the realization that I have a lot on my plate this week.  Now I dress up for work.  Just about every day I come in with my heels, stockings, a crisp blouse and skirt, hopefully looking fresh and smelling sweet.  In the mornings, before I go out for the feedings of the cats at 5:15 am., I have my teeth brushed, and my make up done. 

For the first time I can remember, I came into work after forgetting to apply my mascara.  Thats not like me.  I am done to a tee every single day during the week.  I was pretty tired this morning, no doubt.  We trapped the first five cats of hopefully many more in the colonies I put food and shelter down at in the inner city 365 days a year.  It was a major undertaking - even with only five cats.  After Heather took them to Lollipop for spaying and neutering (we got two boys, three girls, one of the girls had already been spayed, but no ear tip, so that was done to her so that we can identify her in the future).  When the cats were ready for pick up, at the eleventh hour after scrambling to find some one to pick them up by 4 pm., my good friend Kristin and her husband stepped up to the plate and drove all the way from Churchville to pick them up, in carriers now, and all five traps that they came in with.  They dropped them off on  my porch, and last night, with the help of Julie, we released them, sadly, back into their respective spots.  I saw one this morning, actually the one who was having a 'good time' the day before she was caught.  She got close to me, I think she is adoptable and I would love to find a home for her.  Very beautiful calico.

I also saw a very pregnant cat on Second so I am praying she is one that gets trapped tomorrow morning, on our Day Two of our Lollipop marathon.  I found out 'Friends of Human Society" funded a $5000 grant, and Lollipop included me and my brood in on it.  So that is wonderful.  I pray this is for the best for me in the coming future, and for the cats of course!  I need a break.  Now, I must go and put on my mascara.

3 comments:

  1. I tried to get that pregnant 1 yesterday, but I got a raccoon instead...(my first) lol Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather those boys on swamp people would have loved that raccoon. That would have been dinner for 3 days!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good is half the battle! You've got that covered, Janine!

    ReplyDelete